“Just When We Thought It Could Not be Better ...”

Utah Pro Fly Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for Park City fly fishing guides, let us help! We have been guiding Utah’s rivers for over 15 years. Our professional, passionate guides know the best fishing spots near Park City and Salt Lake City. We cater each of our fly fishing trips to our guests’ skill levels and interests, to ensure you have the best experience possible.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We booked trips with UPFF last year and had a great time with Jerry on both outings. This year the weather was a little spotty so we waited until the last minute to book our trip this year. We called Justin late Saturday for a Mon morning trip with Jerry if possible. Justin called back in a few minutes and said Jerry was unavailable but he could pick us up Mon at 10AM.

Justin picked us up at our hotel right on time. He asked if we had any preference where to go, we said no. He suggested the Middle Provo which is reported to have 3,000 fish per mile. The first spot we tried was a little crowded so we tried another. Here it looked like the good easily accessible spots were taken. So after a nice hike through the brush and along the river, we found a decent spot to fish. I caught a small trout on the second cast. A few minutes later I caught another and another. After about an hour, I had caught about five and my husband still did not catch anything.

Justin suggested we try another spot. There my husband had the hot hand. He caught nice brown trout (about 16") and was happy.

We took a lunch break and fished some more. By the end of the 1/2 day we both had caught more fish than ever before. What a great time.

(The next day we tried fishing on our own, no guide. We managed to catch a few fish but we had more fun with UPFF).

We booked a second outing with UPFF on Fri. This time we got Jerry. For a change he took us to the Weber River. He said there were not as many fish but they were more wild since they see fewer fisherman.

The weather was on the chilly side. We even had occasional snow showers.

Once again, I caught the first fish. It was huge, about 5 lb whitefish. What a thrill. Then my husband caught a small trout. We stayed there for a few hours catching several more fish.

We broke for lunch. After lunch, we moved to another spot on the Weber. This was an even better spot. We each caught more fish and had some good fighting action with the ones that got away.

You know you caught a lot of fish when you stop taking pictures unless the next fish is larger than the previous ones.

We really enjoyed fishing with UPFF on all 4 of our trips over the past 2 years. We will definitely book with them again when we go back to Park City next year.

Remember their guarantee: No fish, no pay, no kidding. I do not think they have to pay up often, so if you want to catch fish in a beautiful setting, call Utah Pro.

All reviews
"his knowledge"
in 4 reviews
"an amazing experience"

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Extraordinary trip on 9/23/13and 9/24/13. Justin has tons of knowledge and worked very hard to get the fish to hit his fly\'s. Two people who never fly fished, my wife and I got a quick crash course in fly casting and my wife catches one her first cast. We caught 15-20 fish and missed or lost at least that many in a 4 hour trip. The next Day I fished alone with Justin. He found a bunch of 14-18\" brown trout and I caught 20 or more and missed many more. Justin is a hard working and very dedicated guide. 5 stars in my book.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I got married in Park City September 2013 and were able to arrange some fly fishing trips for our guests with Utah Pro Fly Fishing. The company made the trip a breeze but providing top notch instruction and all equipment needed. The whole group had an amazing time! Though most of us were beginners, each of us caught at least 5 trout during a half day session. The more experienced fly fishermen in the group still got a lot of benefit using the guides, who were all extremely knowledgeable about both flying fishing in general and more specifically about fishing the Provo river and reading water conditions. I would absolutely recommend Utah Pro Fly Fishing to the beginner or expert fisherman who wants to ensure a successful day on the water!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Jerry picked me up at my hotel and we headed to the South Provo for a great afternoon of fishing. Typically I go flyfishing a couple times per year, although I fish "regular" style about once per week so I'm comfortable with a fly rod but it became obvious with Jerry I had quite a bit to learn. Learning new techniques on top of catching several fish made this such a great trip. I couldn't recommend these guys enough....very professional, fun, and they put you on the fish. The ratings don't lie...40+ ratings and all of them 5*!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2013

While visiting Park City, Utah this past week, my wife and I had the opportunity to try our luck at trout fishing on the Provo River. I've been trout fishing for many years although not experienced with fly fishing. This was the first time fishing for my wife. We were met in a parking area by our guide, Hunter Shotwell. I will say that I was a bit concerned at first as Hunter is a young man and I was afraid that he would be lacking in experience and patience with inexperienced fly fisherman. Boy, was I wrong! After a brief walk, we arrived stream side and Hunter started to brief us on our fishing activity for the afternoon. It soon became apparent that his extensive knowledge of fly fishing equipment, "bugs", trout feeding patterns and the flow of the river far exceeded his young age. Hunter was through in his explanations but not to detailed as to confuse the novice. Having never had a fly fishing rod in her hand, Marsha caught the first fish of the day on her second drift. Then the fun started. In about 15 minutes, she landed a beautiful, 20 " brown trout. We caught about 15 fish for the day. It was a perfect day with our host, Hunter. If your going to try guided fly fishing in Utah, I highly recommend Utah Pro Fly Fishing and guide Hunter Shotwell.