“Service off the charts”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Park City Trolley runs the full length of Main Street. Free public transportation is availible on Swede Alley, one block from Main Street.
Description: Talisker on Main is Talisker’s first public amenity, a restaurant on historic Main Street Park City, featuring a “Taste of Talisker” and showcasing exceptional design, service excellence and award-winning artisan cuisine. A fusion of all Talisker Club’s menus from the various private clubhouses – the refined bistro Tuhaye Table Café, Talisker Tower’s casual elegance and Red Cloud Cabin’s rustic charm – the menu allows the public to experience Talisker Club cuisine in one venue. Serving lunch and dinner daily under the culinary direction of Chef John Murcko, Talisker Club’s VP of Culinary Services, there will be an emphasis on fresh, seasonal ingredients and a focus on sampling many different flavors.
Reviewed February 28, 2011

There are a lot of very good eateries in Park City, so achieving distinction has got to be tough. On both food and service, Talisker is tops.

Notably on the menu side, my lactose-intolerant spouse was ecstatic at the array of great options. Nice, elegant preparations without heavy sauces. Get dessert. The pastry chef is a genius.

The service and energy set Talisker's apart. There seems to be a battalion of staff in this small venue, and they make everyone feel like the center of attention. Like being in a great NYC establishment, or maybe an early 20th century English manor house.

1  Thank tvlbtv

Reviewed February 22, 2011

We had a delicious, romantic dinner on Valentines Day. They had a 6 course dinner and we enjoyed every course. We both had the filet and it was cooked to perfection and so tender. The service was very good and we were lucky enough to be seated in the wine room where there is only one other table. We would definitely recommend this and will go back on our next visit to Park City.

1  Thank HFTSM
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Six friends went to dinner and tasted a variety of menu selections including appetizers of Bone Marrow with Sweet Breads ragout appetizer, salads and soups and entree’s of braised short rib Sheppard’s pie, vegan eggplant ravioli, rabbit and fish. The food was stunning and wonderful at the same time. We were fortunate to be eating at Talisker at the same time as a famous celebrity chef. Yet we never felt any lack of attention from the staff or the sommelier and felt we were treated with the same care as the more famous diners. A true tribute to the staff and management. I highly recommend Talisker on Main for a most wonderful meal.

2  Thank wbreaden
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful romantic dinner at Talisker last week. His four course tasting menu dinner was delicious. My crab hush puppies were crispy on the outside, tender and flavorful on the inside. We received a free tasty cold meat terrine appetizer, and I was given small portions of their wonderful Brussels spouts salad and a feta cheese/ beet salad on greens during his courses. For my entree I had the elk carpaccio appetizer with gruyere fondue and mushrooms...WOW! So delicious and a bargain for the price. My goat cheese cheesecake with a pear topping and caramel sauce was excellent as was my husband's chocolate tart with banana ice cream. Service was excellent. We enjoyed the open kitchen. I had an altitude sickness headache, so I didn't drink alcohol, but my husband enjoyed his Talisker scotch. We will return.

2  Thank sugarlandmom
Reviewed February 4, 2011

We have eaten there several times and have very much enjoyed the service and food. It is a small restaurant and on busy nights there is a crowd at the door. Thus, I would request a table away from the front door.

I am a bit of a picky eater and they have always worked with me to substitute something I like for something I don't like.

I did read about someone complaining about cancellations during Sundance. Their cancellation policy is probably just something imposed for that week. We ate out several nights
during Sundance and overheard several managers at various restaurants complaining that
there were numerous no-shows. Obviously, the restaurant should have disclosed it's cancellation policy. However, everywhere we ate that week required a credit card to protect
the reservation.

I don't think any restaurant of this quality is the best. There are many fine dining choices besides this one. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

The food is very good and our service has always been great.

3  Thank Arrowleaf