“Everything I wanted it to be...”
Review of Talisker on Main - CLOSED

Talisker on Main
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Park City Trolley runs the full length of Main Street. Free public transportation is availible on Swede Alley, one block from Main Street.
Description: Talisker on Main is Talisker’s first public amenity, a restaurant on historic Main Street Park City, featuring a “Taste of Talisker” and showcasing exceptional design, service excellence and award-winning artisan cuisine. A fusion of all Talisker Club’s menus from the various private clubhouses – the refined bistro Tuhaye Table Café, Talisker Tower’s casual elegance and Red Cloud Cabin’s rustic charm – the menu allows the public to experience Talisker Club cuisine in one venue. Serving lunch and dinner daily under the culinary direction of Chef John Murcko, Talisker Club’s VP of Culinary Services, there will be an emphasis on fresh, seasonal ingredients and a focus on sampling many different flavors.
Reviewed September 9, 2012

It was the last night of my summer visit to Park City so I wanted a special experience. We sat on the patio which was lovely and quiet, though I wouldn't call the seats very comfortable. The server suggested the tasting menu, all of which was to be a surprise. That normally makes me nervous, but she assured us we wouldn't be disappointed so we went for it. Great decision. There were three courses plus dessert. Each course was beautiful and delicious. As others have mentioned, it wasn't a ton of food, but I found it completely satisfying.

I consider this a special occasion type of place and special it was.

1  Thank Nancy B

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had a diner at this restaurant, supposed to be one of "the place to eat" in Park City. The food was good, but the service was bad: arrogant, ginving the feeling that you are not welcome. To be honest, our worst dining experience in the last 3 weeks. After staying a Amangani in Jackson Hole for one week, what a drop in term of service!

2  Thank Oliverpic
Reviewed August 15, 2012

One of the most interesting places I have been to. The server was great in explaining the menu, because it does not translate well. Follow the server's suggestions. It was really good food, but pretty different as to what you are used to. Jut very different. Some dishes were really good and some just okay. the desserts were superb. It is different dining, so be prepared.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Small, attractive restaurant on Park City's main street, with a number of interesting seating options from "the Library" upstairs, an intimate patio setting, and of course the main floor restaurant.

Extensive (& extremely pricey) wine list and a small selection of interesting cocktails.

The menu presents about a dozen total options for appetizers, salads, and entrees, but there is usually a chef's tasting menu. For us, our trips have been hit or miss at Talisker. We opted for the chef's tasting menu on our first visit based on a very helpful description of what the chef had in mind for the evening. It was quite successful!

On our second and more recent visit, we were told by the server that the chef "wouldn't share with any of the servers what they planned to offer on the chef's tasting." I'm an extremely adventurous diner, but I really do prefer to have some general idea of at least what primary ingredients he'll work with. It's also difficult to pick a wine if you've no idea whatsoever will be served. So we went some items from the menu, and were told after a bit that one wasn't available. The lobster-meat-based green salad we both chose to start the meal was very well prepared and delicious. Entrees were delicately portioned and well-prepared. Ordinarily it doesn't matter to me much and this was a minor point even this visit, but I will note the meals weren't 'plated' very artfully. It seemed the kitchen was rushing through the seating. Service was shaky throughout. Busboys seemed especially underprepared for their role.

So, while the chef at Talisker clearly knows his craft, something's a little off with the restaurant experience at Tailisker that keeps it just short of 4 stars for me.

2  Thank Marc A
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Tucked away amongst other similar establishments, Talisker on Main is a rare found gem of a restaurant. From the cozy atmosphere and exquisite menu to the notable and extensive wine list, Talisker is IT in Park City. Parking is available on the street and in adjacent parking lots. Reservations are preferred. With each season the menu reflects the changes thus making your dinning experience unique. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable without being overbearing, making the dinning experience unique, personal and enjoyable..

1  Thank SEAN11111