“ask for the wine room!”
Review of Talisker on Main - CLOSED

Talisker on Main
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Park City Trolley runs the full length of Main Street. Free public transportation is availible on Swede Alley, one block from Main Street.
Description: Talisker on Main is Talisker’s first public amenity, a restaurant on historic Main Street Park City, featuring a “Taste of Talisker” and showcasing exceptional design, service excellence and award-winning artisan cuisine. A fusion of all Talisker Club’s menus from the various private clubhouses – the refined bistro Tuhaye Table Café, Talisker Tower’s casual elegance and Red Cloud Cabin’s rustic charm – the menu allows the public to experience Talisker Club cuisine in one venue. Serving lunch and dinner daily under the culinary direction of Chef John Murcko, Talisker Club’s VP of Culinary Services, there will be an emphasis on fresh, seasonal ingredients and a focus on sampling many different flavors.
Reviewed December 23, 2011

cozy armchair seating in a library ambience--some of the food was exquisite, but not consistent.

1  Thank wellsfam
There are newer reviews for Talisker on Main

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Our family has been coming to Park City for years, but this was our first trip back in 4 years. Talisker is new since we were last here. The food was good, but not outstanding. Perhaps we are spoiled by other places where we've eaten over the years. They do have a wonderful wine list but we only felt like wine by the glass this evening and were pleased that the "by the glass" choices were wines we are familiar with and enjoy. We had the brussel sprout salad, different, but unimpressive. Mushrooms starter served with Jerusalem artichokes was tasty in a "drunken" fondue, but horseradish shaved on the top was not necessary and took away from the other flavors for me. We had the short ribs for dinner with a butternut squash puree on top. The short ribs were tasty, but a bit dry. The restaurant is lovely and the attentive servers were very nice, but we are eager to try some of the other eateries in Park City.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Finally a restaurant that feels as special as the food and prices. The staff, the ambiance, the crisp white linens and the bistro seating are magnifique! There are not many places on Main Street that impress and deliver in the summer in Park City since this is not their "high" season. However, that is not the case with Talisker. Dined here with my husband and another couple and we were all new to this restaurant and all left wanting to come back. My only disappointment was that Talisker was closed over the Thanksgiving holiday but my reservation is already made for Christmas. Can't wait to try it again!

2  Thank floridaskiers
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Being a resident of Summit County, I am somewhat jaded when it comes to Park City restaurants, but Talisker on Main is fabulous on all counts. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary, so I requested a romantic table. On arrival we were greeted by the house Manager, Haven, who was friendly and very professional. We had a pre-dinner glass of wine on the patio in front of the fireplace and were then led to a lovely table. The room is very tastefully done with nice lighting and a view of the kitchen. (which is very quiet, I might add!). Our server was very friendly, attentive and knowledgeable, and the wine list was extensive. Starting with the lobster hushpuppies, and the brussel sprouts (not your traditional sprouts!) the flavors were unique and delicious. Followed by the pear salad and lobster bisque (wonderfully seasoned in a coconut milk base). Our entrees were equally wonderful, as was the dessert sampler. From start to finish, our dining experience was great. I read a review on TA by a diner who found the prices to be very high. On the contrary, we thought they were very reasonable, especially for the quality and presentation of the food, and the fact that it is located in a resort town! I would highly recommend Talisker, but be aware, during ski season, you would certainly need to make a reservation in advance. It is a small, quiet, intimate restaurant, and not necessarily "small child friendly".

2  Thank JanMann
Reviewed October 15, 2011

On a business trip to Salt Lake City, and decided to take the 30 minute drive to Park City, Utah. Visiting a local shop, I asked a local where to eat. I got there when they opened (5:30) and was seated in a small, cozy back patio by a nice fire (requested), but the inside was very nice, too. I was dining alone, but had FOUR people taking care of me. I chose the chef's menu, which changes almost daily based on what local produce and meats were available that day. My waitress was wonderful, the food runner was friendly and knowledgeable about what he served me. Even the nice guy refilling my water glass was personable enough to chat about the meal. They have a great wine list, with 1 or 2 by the glass under each type. The manager stopped by a few times to check on me, recommended some pairings and even offered up two different wines that were not usually available by the glass, but they "had a bottle open". If I never go back to Park City again, I will always remember my wonderful dining experience here.

4  Thank ragazza000