As we arrived at the opulent front entrance, you have a prettying good sense what is in store. This was a combination business trip and vacation with my wife. The service was impeccable. Two examples. First, my wife arrived before my business obligations were complete and so had to eat on her own the first night. The woman who manages the services for the grand gathering room became aware of the situation, recommended the sushi bar in the room and corralled the entire wait staff and sushi chef to make her welcome, comfortable and keep her company through dinner. A second example was Justin in the ski shop who went out of his way to make a complicated administrative situation related to our skis simple and seamless for us and took a special interest in ensuring everything was perfect. For a skier from the east they take ski-in-ski-out to a whole new level. Essentially you never touch your equipment until you snap you boots into the bindings on the slope.
The facility is huge, but they have done a remarkable job of making the giant grand room warm, welcoming and almost intimate (a large fireplace, serving mulled cider from traditional hanging kettles, roasting somores outside on the porch, hand crafted board games available, quality live music every afternoon/evening, a pool table set off to the side, yet retaining an elegance). The entire hotel was set up to be perfect to host kids while keeping the environment relatively serene and sophisticated (quite a trick). The workout rooms and pools (both indoor and outdoor) are some of the best hotel facilities I have seen. The food was very good, but expensive as you would expect.
For the business event, the coordination and set up was flawless.
It was very expensive and didn't have the quaintness we typically look for on a ski trip. That being said, for the Montage sets out to be, it's probably as good as it gets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Prestigia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cancelon, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah