“The ultimate indulgence”

Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 22, 2014

As we arrived at the opulent front entrance, you have a prettying good sense what is in store. This was a combination business trip and vacation with my wife. The service was impeccable. Two examples. First, my wife arrived before my business obligations were complete and so had to eat on her own the first night. The woman who manages the services for the grand gathering room became aware of the situation, recommended the sushi bar in the room and corralled the entire wait staff and sushi chef to make her welcome, comfortable and keep her company through dinner. A second example was Justin in the ski shop who went out of his way to make a complicated administrative situation related to our skis simple and seamless for us and took a special interest in ensuring everything was perfect. For a skier from the east they take ski-in-ski-out to a whole new level. Essentially you never touch your equipment until you snap you boots into the bindings on the slope.

The facility is huge, but they have done a remarkable job of making the giant grand room warm, welcoming and almost intimate (a large fireplace, serving mulled cider from traditional hanging kettles, roasting somores outside on the porch, hand crafted board games available, quality live music every afternoon/evening, a pool table set off to the side, yet retaining an elegance). The entire hotel was set up to be perfect to host kids while keeping the environment relatively serene and sophisticated (quite a trick). The workout rooms and pools (both indoor and outdoor) are some of the best hotel facilities I have seen. The food was very good, but expensive as you would expect.

For the business event, the coordination and set up was flawless.

It was very expensive and didn't have the quaintness we typically look for on a ski trip. That being said, for the Montage sets out to be, it's probably as good as it gets.

Room Tip: The shuttle service run by the hotel left us never feeling we needed a car to get to town or dinner...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Batch B:

We very much appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about our resort with TripAdvisor members. Your enthusiasm for our skier services, culinary experiences, VISTA Lounge, Spa Montage and swimming pool areas absolutely mean the world to us. We'll be sure to share your comments with our team at Yama Sushi and with Justin in Compass Sports. Every associate at the resort is committed to the comfort of our guests (including families and children who are always warmly welcomed at our property, as you noted). We would be honored to welcome you back to Montage Deer Valley.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My huband had his Porsche training at this resort back in August 2013 ( sorry for the late review). I came along with him for a short getaway and it was so beautiful. I spent the day relaxing at the pool, surrounded by green mountains and peace, it was sucha relaxing time. During the day, I went for a little trip to Park City ( hotel provided free shuttle to and from town) which was great.

When I was done shopping I just called the hotel and even though I was the only one who needed a pick up they were right there in about 10 minutes!

Our last night we went for dinner at Chimayo ( was a INCREDIBLE RESTAURANT, YOU NEED TO EAT THERE) One of the best restaurans :)

Montage Deer Valley was a great Summer get away and I bet is no diffrent in winter, probably better!

Montage

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Dom28Maria:

We appreciate your taking the time to share your review of Montage Deer Valley with TripAdvisor members. We think summer is a truly beautiful time to enjoy everything that Park City and the resort have to offer and I want to thank you for comments about our peaceful location, transportation services and tranquil Alpine Pool Deck. So many people say that they 'came to Park City for the winter but stayed for the summer' and your review really captures that sentiment. We look forward to seeing you next summer and if you'd like to visit Park City during our magical winter season, we would certainly be delighted to welcoming you back to Montage Deer Valley.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I travel to a lot of 5-Star Hotels, but I've never once written a review. In most cases, these hotels have "earned" their 5-Star status so I don't really see why anyone needs to hear it from me. However, in the case of the Montage Deer Valley, I felt it necessary to share my experience with everyone.

There is absolutely no match to the Montage Deer Valley. Certainly not in Utah and, quite possibly, on any other ski mountain in the States. I surprised my wife with a short birthday trip away from the kiddos and a little bit of spoiling. Well, that's exactly what you get here. From the second we pulled up to the valet, my wife and I felt like we were the only people staying on the property. It was almost as though each employee was staged for us! We hopped out of our rental car to be greeted by a Montage staff member with our reservation on an iPad. (We never once went to the front desk.) Our keys were ready and she walked us directly to our room. Within 30 minutes of arriving, we were on the slopes skiing. No joke. It was so seamless.

Montage Deer Valley takes Ski-in / Ski-out to a whole new level. Heated boots, ski valets, water, hot cider, an amazing ski shop, friendly staff getting you prepped for the mountain, and much more. On the mountain, we never waited more than two minutes for a lift because Deer Valley caps the amount of tickets sold. (No snowboarders, either!!)

I could go on and on, so I'm going to consolidate: Most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. Smores making station with 5 different flavors of home-made marshmallows. Live happy hour music in the bar. Burgers & Bourbon restaurant is such a cool place to eat. Hot tub w/drinks watching the Caterpillars groom the mountain for the next day's skiing. Bottles of Montage on the couch by our room's fireplace. And so many more great memories.

The Montage Deer Valley is our little secret. (At least that's what my wife and I think.) It's a small slice of Heaven and we can't wait to get back there.

Room Tip: Get a small suite. They are huge and will allow you to spread out nicely!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

James L:

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our resort. We strive to create a special environment for our guests and your glowing comments about the rooms, our skier services, swimming pools/hot tubs, valet and check in services and Burgers & Bourbon restaurant absolutely mean the world to us. We genuinely look forward to your return in future seasons and are delighted that you and your wife were able to stay with us!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a really great property located high up the mountain in Deer Valley. Our room was spacious and clean with a very large bath and great shower and nice views of the mountains. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. We particularly liked having our ski boots emerge warmed every day from storage. This would be a five star review but for some drawback issues. Housekeeping was odd - arriving at times that made no sense - even walking into the room after we were already asleep for turn down service. While generally helpful, ski storage never quite worked out so that our skis were waiting for us when we were ready to go. Everyone was eager to please and friendly but there are still kinks that need to be resolved before this can be a five star property.

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms are worth the view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Derek P:

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Montage Deer Valley with TripAdvisor members. We appreciate your enthusiasm for our location, friendly staff, culinary experience at breakfast and our skier services. I'm sorry that you experienced difficulty with housekeeping and ski storage and hope you will contact me directly so that I can assist you with your next visit to Park City. Again, thank you for joining us at Montage Deer Valley.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I travel for a living, as I am in the events industry and see hundreds of hotels worldwide - and this is by far my favorite overall hotel experience I've had. From the check-in process, to the room product, food and beverage, and customer service - the 'best of the best.'

On top of that, the amenities that the hotels offers with their spa, pool, music, activities on-site, skiing, owning and operating their own ski rental shop - we never had a shortage of things to fill our day.

I'll look forward to coming back as often as I can - whether it be in the winter OR the summer!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Justin A:

Thank you for taking the time to share your enthusiastic review of Montage Deer Valley with TripAdvisor members. We appreciate your thoughtful comments about our resort amenities, skier services, spa and culinary experiences. We aspire to be the 'best of the best' and your comments let us know we are on the right track! We look forward to welcoming you back this summer and seeing you again next ski season.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We spent 6 days at the Montage in February 2014 which is an ideal ski in ski out base for the Deer Valley resort. We booked on the recommendation of a friend who has stayed several times - for pleasure and also uses the hotel to host client events. It was nice but not what we normally expect from a 5 star hotel charging the rates that they do. All staff were friendly enough - although top praise has to be reserved for the boot valets and the ski reservation staff who were delightful, chatty, helpful and always smiling. The room was big and spotlessly clean so nothing to complain about here. We ate in Burgers & Bourbon which got a gold star for the waiting staff but although the burger was excellent, it was cold - disappointing. We also ate in Daly's pub - where two of our party had the chicken pie, unfortunately someone had forgotten to add chicken to the sauce! A meal at Apex was more successful, the fish was superb. Breakfast at Apex was excellent - just the ticket to set you up for ski ing - however the waiting staff could do with being a bit more cheerful. We had drinks at the bar most nights - full marks to the friendly bartender. One night there was no space so we sat in the main lounge - we waiting for over 20mins to be served and my husband had to chase the order twice before it arrived after a wait of 35 mins. Yes the area was busy but this is totally unacceptable in a 5 star hotel - note to manager you know the numbers in, bring in more staff. We complained and profuse apologies were offered...... we still had to pay the bill. It is very expensive to stay here but it didn't feel special enough to think it was value for money. It was ok, I was expecting to be bowled over not underwhelmed. Sorry.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blueflossy13
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Blueflossy13:

Thank you for staying with us in February and for sharing your review of our hotel with TripAdvisor members. We very much appreciate the recognition you provided about our outstanding location for true ski-in/ski-out access to Deer Valley Resort and thank you for your complimentary words about our large rooms, APEX restaurant, friendly staff and ski valet service. I also appreciate your warm comments about our breakfast offerings and our outstanding bartenders. As you noted, we are very disappointed when we fall short of any guest expectation and I hope you will contact me directly so that I can assist you personally with any future reservation in Park City.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

this is for the Spa only: my friends and I came here for a spa relaxation after skiing/boarding. We used the hot tubs, pool, steam room, sauna and everything was just wonderful - from check in till the time we left.
beautiful lockers with slippers and comfy robes, great showers, very nice small snack bar (granola bars, dried fruit, lemon-rosemary water and various revolution teas) inside the relaxation room - it totally made us want to stay at the hotel!
minor drawback: the indoor and outdoor tubs/pools are not on the same floor, it´s a bit awkward going past the (very nice) bar area in your robe to get to and from the hot tubs.
Note that steam and sauna are inside the locker rooms, not co-ed.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear mupsi212:

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Spa Montage Deer Valley with TripAdvisor members. We appreciate your comments about the beautiful facility and the amenities and would very much look forward to welcoming you back for another spa visit or an overnight stay.