“Most amazing hotel on earth”

Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Having been to the hotel before, but only for dining and entertainment, I knew that it would be a special stay. Nothing could have prepared me for how incredible it would be. From the moment we walked in the door, the staff was attentive to every need of myself and the other guests staying with me. They went above and beyond on everything and set this hotel above any other hotel I have stayed at in the world--and I travel roughly 150 days per year. The rooms were immaculate, with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The heated floors in the bathroom were a special treat, along with a rain shower that made me never want to get out.

The ski in and ski out aspect of the hotel was fantastic. The employees at compass sports were so nice, going so far as to put my boots on for me each day. The valet ski pickup in the snow was a nice touch.

One of the most wonderful amenities of the hotel was the transportation department. No matter what time or where I needed to go, they were able to get me there within 15 minutes notice.

If you are looking for a day at the spa, the Montage is your place. Having every amenity possible, there is no way you would find a nicer spa in Park City.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Jasonrogoff:

Thank you for your truly wonderful words about our resort. It is extremely gratifying to read comments from guests, particularly about the attentiveness of our team members - this is something that means the most to us and I will be sharing your thoughts at our team meeting next week because it is important for everyone on staff to hear that they have made a true difference in the lives of our guests. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our guestrooms and baths as well as the services of our transportation, Compass Sports and Spa Montage facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Park City!

Yours sincerely,

David Mars
Resort Manager

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Ski Trip with my kids, 10 & 8 years old. The service and friendly attitude of every staff member was exceptional. I was blown away with the "do whatever it takes to make sure guests are happy" is excellent. They have this new text service- you can use for anything and I used it for everything! I texted for cough drops to be delivered to me downstairs as I was getting my kids in their gear. I texted for room service, childcare, luggage pick up and even a lost jacket. Don't knock till you try it- it saves so much time and aggravation in finding the right extension. You just can't beat the service for your ski & boot storage. My boots were delivered toasty warm every morning and there was always people to help. If you value service and ski convenience - you can't do better.
We arrived to our room at midnight to chocolate chip cookies, water bottles and the most adorable personalized sign for my boys.
The trip was a home run for service, food quality and mountain convenience.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BM M
MontageDeerValley, Manager at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear BM M:

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations about our resort with Trip Advisor members. We are gratified to read that the services we provide made for a memorable and enjoyable family holiday. I will be sharing your comments with our Compass Sports team in skier services and all of our team members who work hard to make every guest stay seamless and satisfying. We hope you will think of us again when you return to Park City! Again, your comments mean the world to us and we thank you most sincerely for the positive feedback.

David Mars
Resort Manager

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Amazing place. The attention to detail is just superb. If you want to live large and be pampered, this is the place to do it. What really impressed me was how accessible they made it. Saw several locals that came up for a drink or a meal while we were staying there, and they were welcomed graciously by the staff. Impressive feat being that exclusive and yet inclusive at the same time. Made the place seem even cooler. Highly recommend the spa too!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from my best ski trip ever. Montage Deer Valley is awesome. They take all -- and I mean -- the work out of a ski trip! And it's a beautiful resort with terrific service. Very cool text service that gives you your own personal concierge just a cell phone away.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DRS57
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We recently returned from a 5 night stay at the Montage Deer Valley. This was our third visit to the Montage. We would not stay anywhere else! Before the Montage had opened we had stayed in several different locations in Park City. After staying at the Montage there is nowhere else we would rather be. The facility is elegant yet warm and inviting. Every aspect of the hotel is beautiful from the lobby to the guest rooms. The entire staff is friendly and courteous. This is truly a 5 star resort. We have stayed in the 3 bedroom residence each year. The room is absolutely luxurious with the most comfortable beds and a breathtaking view. This hotel does not have a bad view.
Each restaurant is fabulous. Tim Flowers, the director of food and beverage, pays attention to every detail. We have had the opportunity to meet him and he has always taken care of our requests with a pleasant and considerate manner. He wants your dining experience to be perfect. Daley’s is the more casual restaurant with a pub atmosphere. The food is fantastic with video games and a bowling alley for the kids. It is the perfect place to unwind after a long day on the slopes. The fine dining restaurant, Apex is a culinary experience. The service is impeccable as well as the cuisine. The lobby bar offers a lighter fare and a sushi bar. Each restaurant is staffed with the finest servers. The people that work at this hotel are more than willing to go that extra mile to make your experience perfect.
The skiing in Deer Valley is top notch; it is obvious why this is the number one family ski resort in the country. Compass Sports at the Montage is the finest ski services around. The ski valets take all of the work out of skiing. Every day they assist with putting your boots and skis on as well as taking them off at the end of the day. You are always greeted with a smile, cookies and hot cider.
I myself spend most of my day in the spa facility rather than the slopes. I attend the exercise classes and take advantage of the state of the art work out facility. Since we have been coming here for 3 years I have established a relationship with the personal trainers. Faye Zamarin and Kenzie Rowland are the personal trainers in the workout facility that make working out enjoyable yet challenging. I look forward to seeing these women every year and participating in their upbeat, rigorous training sessions. This spa is one of the most beautiful spas I have ever visited. We travel often and stay in many 5 star resorts, but the Montage stands above the rest. The spa pool and hot tub area is a quiet and serene place to have lunch and relax. The indoor pool offers specific times for family swim and quiet swim for the adults. There is also an outdoor pool and hot tub that is available to the kids all day. Of course, the kids love to swim outside in the snowy weather in the ultra heated pool.
The hotel offers a free shuttle to area shopping and restaurants so a rental car is not necessary. Anything you need at this resort is just one phone call away. Every employee at this resort is friendly and sincerely concerned with the level of service you are receiving. During our stay we had the pleasure of meeting the security supervisor , Robert Oaks or better known as Big Rob. He is just a great guy to learn more about the hotel, the area and just enjoy a pleasant conversation. We look forward to seeing Big Rob again next year.
I cannot say enough about the Montage, it is truly a vacationers dream.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with simply amazing service almost too much amazing service. Everyone has been well trained to see to it that the guests have a wonderful trip and some fun added bonuses especially if traveling with children. During ski season afternoon s'mores and hot chocolate was always a great après ski hit. The photographer snapping fun photos and leaving pics in the room and the wonderful Paintbox children's club resulted in our children asking when we will be back.

Learning curve for us on being our first trip to this hotel. Ski valet upon check in will take all skis and boots. Having a boot bag for each child separated it was a small annoyance to find all bag contents put into one large bag in a locker had to sort everything again. I will keep my boot bag next trip. Also we use sport tubes for our skis, I will repack my tubes at end of next trip sine they were not packed properly and some small items were lost.

Second learning curve, this hotel is a long way away frome everything. If you have children in ski school and pick them up at end of the school all lifts are closed before you can navigate your way back. We would pick them up in Silver Lake after their last hot chocolate break, about an hour early. Depending on age and ski skills of the child it takes about 20 min of skiing in AM to traverse across to ski school drop off.

Finally transportation service is painful. When they say car is 10 min out, we joked that it's a Montage 10 min, which means anywhere from 5 min to 40 min. We will use more private transportation next trip.

As stated while those were minor annoyances the service and quality is so great they offset what ever annoyances there are and we now know how to navigate those issues. We did find it helpful to carry a lot of $5 and $10 bills because everyone is trying so hard to help we found we were always tipping.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank yreme
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I visit Deer Valley every year for a ski vacation. We usually stay at Stein Erikson, but this year wanted to try something new. The resort is absolutely breath taking and simply gorgeous. We had a king room overlooking the mountain. The view was stunning. The room beautifully appointed and the amenities lovely. Daily buffet at Apex was great. We had delicious burgers at Burgers and Bourbon. Not a great meal at Daleys, and the noise of kids dropping bowling balls every few minutes makes it the wrong place for a romantic meal. The food was disappointing at best. With a few customer service issues and a valet issues, we asked to speak to the manager, David Mars. He truly did a phenomenal job in correcting the issues and making sure the rest of our stay was perfection. A truly professional way to handle a customer's complaints, which made our decision to return next year an easy one. The spa is lovely. The pool and gym are incredible and the skiing top notch. All in all. It was a gorgeous and memorable stay and we can't wait to return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple