“Blissful hotel”

Montage Deer Valley
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Winter may be king in Park City but fall is a close second, and the Montage is the perfect place to stay. The service is top notch.....no check in at the front desk, but rather you're taken directly to your room and everything about the hotel is explained. From twice daily housekeeping to knowledgable concierge, friendly and on the ball bellman to excellent staff in the gym, the service could not be beat. After hiking on trails after the snow melted, our muddy shoes were even cleaned. The fitness center is unbelievably equipped and clean. And the spa and pool.....when can I go back?

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Montage recently at a conference. The property was in beautiful shape and the common areas are lovely. Staff was uniformly helpful and courteous. My room had a balcony--which was not used much due to cold temperature-- and a fireplace which got much use. The furnishings are fairly new, the bed and seating comfortable. My only quibble with my room was that it had a shower head on a pole in a bath tub rather than a dedicated shower, like many other rooms had. The shower head fell off the first day and I reattached it more securely. It held for the rest of my stay but the spray was rather random and wasn't adjustable. But, in the context of the room, it was a minor point.

The Montage was the quietest hotel I have ever experienced, in part because no room doors are directly on the hallway--I had a small hallway to my room which also had doors onto the hallway which I closed at night. Consequently, there was NO door slamming noise. You can rest at the Montage.

Despite the quiet I had trouble sleeping--and I heard many others did, too--probably due to the extremely dry climate at the altitude (nearly 10,000 feet). I was told you could order a humidifier which I heard helped.

The altitude makes alcohol more potent and should be taken into account. The hotel offered car service to Park City, which was a short drive away. Smores are offered daily at one of the fire pits, which were great.

In all, the Montage is a wonderful property for those wanting to ski and/or visit Park City, which is a delightful town full of attractions, restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: The views from the front of the hotel are dramatic, the back less so.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Montage was such a welcome find. The staff is very good at what they do whether greeting you outside on arrival, delivering room service, answering questions regarding where to hike or where to have dinner, etc. and extremely professional yet very personable. The surrounding grounds are stunning and the interior design of the Montage is gorgeous. Large rooms downstairs with tons of comfortable areas to gather with friends, fireplaces at both inside and outside seating areas, gorgeous paintings and tapestries, warm hardwood floors and stone arch doorways. If you love the outdoors like we do, there is no end to the things there are to do and see. We hiked somewhere different every day and didn't even scratch the surface. I am sorry we didn't get the chance to check out the spa which I can only imagine is top notch like rest of this resort. Our suite was beautiful with really comfortable beds and linens, two fireplaces and the best robes. The only thing that could be improved upon is our unfortunate view, although, they were completely full and we made our reservations late so I felt it was our fault. Otherwise, we could not have had a better stay.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for either mountain or valley view depending on your preference instead of le...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Montage offers true luxury accommodations, service and atmosphere. The rooms are quiet, spacious and well appointed and the little extras, like balconies on selected rooms, heated marble bathroom floors, walk in showers and deep soaking tubs, make the hotel extra special. The entire staff was pleasant, professional and seemed genuinely concerned about each guests comfort. Close to just about everything in Park City and with great views, the Montage Deer Valley gets two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the valley with a balcony for spectacular views.
1  Thank drwiz
Reviewed October 20, 2013

From the moment I arrived, I knew I was in a first class resort hotel. The concierge, valet and bellman did just what you would expect from a top notch establishment. The phone replaced the ice machine and in-room coffee maker. Well drinks were fourteen-fifty at the bar and everyone including the housekeepers refers to you by name. They all tried their best to make you feel special. It was like being in New York only in a much prettier setting.
The only bump was the banquet service at the wedding dinner (a function for which my niece paid $60k just for flowers). Basic rules such as "serve from the left and clear from the right" were ignored. Worse, since butter knives were not provided, our server placed our soiled dinner knives back on the table instead of replacing them. That works in a bowling alley coffee shop, but not in a 5 star resort. I expected a fully trained staff for such an event but in retrospect, since everything else during our weekend stay was so well done, I really can't complain.
Everyone in our party enjoyed their stay and I would say that overall, it was well worth the greatly reduced autumn room rates. The Montage is a great place to "do the colors" in October.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MrWayne
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Our three year old loves the Montage at Deer Valley! Francis at Daly's bowling was so kind to our first time little bowler, he found him mini bowling shoes, set up the ramp and bumpers and showed us a fantastic time.my son would not stop talking about the bowling at montage. Thank you Francis for making such a meaningful family memory with us!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is simply magnificent. Rooms are spacious and gorgeous. Service is very good but not outstanding. Spa is very nice. Gym pretty good. Hotel is a little isolated from Park City but they have good shuttle service to and from. Surrounding area is beautiful and scenic. Food pretty good at restaurants. Very expensive place generally. Concierges were great.