Apologies for the delay on this review - my family did its first ski vacation last Christmas and spent 5 nights in a beautiful suite at The Montage. For families electing between this property and the new St. Regis let me be perfectly clear: there is NO comparison notwithstanding what you may read out there. I mean none. How do I know? We checked into the St. Regis and when the property did not deliver the room we had reserved months in advance we checked ourselves right back out and drove to the Montage where luckily there was one suite available in the entire Hotel. And sometimes you just get lucky. Email me if you have more specific questions about this comparison.
Location: Perfect and picturesque. Close to town (but not too close) and ski in and ski out at the most difficult part of the mountain (so if you have kids in ski school you will not utilize it but available for others). St. Regis right where the ski school is so that is certainly convenient but 15 min drive just fine from Montage. Shuttles plentiful but admittedly during high season can struggle to get to you expeditiously at all times so be prepared to be patient.
Rooms: Great. Suites are spacious and well designed. Views great as well. Amenities modern. Dining room table for those who want to eat in and look out the window. Beds comfortable. Bathrooms great with double sinks.
Food: Pub downstairs great for families (odd, right?!). Full game room and bowling alley and nice selection of beers on tap! Main restaurant just fine - breakfast buffet quite good. Dinner menu bit heavy for our liking but we are in Utah after all where game dominates menus. Sushi restaurant had just opened and they were overwhelmed so very slow service but presumably they will improve by next visit. Main lobby area for food (2nd floor) is beautiful with a big fireplace and very comfortable for drinks and light snacks but everyday the service here (unless you went to the bar itself) was beyond miserable - slow, wine spillage, the works - sure this will improve but head's up. Shame because great area to unwind after day on slopes.
Amenities: Great for families - esp around holidays - Santa, huge gingerbread house, s'mores daily. Outdoor heated pools and jacuzzi (I didn't really get the swimming in 20 degree snowy weather but my daughter sure loved it). Stuffed animals for kids at all times.
Service: I commented a bit on this re the lobby area but other than that issue we found the service to be friendly, professional and very much wanting us to enjoy our stay. Whereas the St. Regis front of house did not seem phased when we checked out after 20 minutes there, the Montage actively behaved in such a manner that they wanted us to become regulars - that is more than just casual polite service - that is professionalism and they have it.
I didn't give 5 stars because not sure I ever have just yet and I see that as perfection which the Montage is not but hopefully for readers who have read my other reviews they will see that this is about as good as I have reviewed and would do 4.5 if I were allowed. Go and enjoy this wonderful part of America and stay at the best property in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah