I stayed at this hotel just before Thanksgiving for 3 days, and it was truly a special place. Just when you start to take good service for granted, this place makes you truly feel appreciated and understand what REAL service is about. The resort is impressive upon arrival. It’s beautiful, but you could tell that from the photos. What you don’t see in the photos is exactly how clean and organized everything is. The driveway, the lobby, the hallway, the rooms, everything is perfectly set. From the moment they open the front doors and greet you by name to the front desk awaiting your arrival, you feel as though you are their prize guest.
The rooms: In one word, immaculate. Unless you have a presidential suite, they are small enough to be considered cozy, but that’s good considering how cold it gets. That said, you never feel cramped with walk in closets, showers, and big bathroom. Did I mention there is a gas fireplace in the room? The bathroom and fixtures are straight out of a Kohler design catalogue, and the little things are provided. Q-tips, makeup cleansers, mouthwash, and bar of soap so luxurious and bubbly I actually brought it home for my wife. I could care less about bars of soap, I use tons of them as I travel, but this was memorable. Speaking of memorable, the chocolates they leave bedside every night are delish. These aren’t Andes mints, they are gourmet delicatessens on a level with Ghirardelli or Lindt’s best. The linens are clearly a high thread count and the room is made up discreetly twice a day. See a trend here? It’s top notch.
The resort and spa: Therapeutic. The indoor spa and pool are fantastic, large and comforting. The outdoor spas and pool are heated, so the snowstorm that was going on while I was there was not an issue, and made the outdoor Jacuzzi and pool that much more enjoyable as the snowflake fell.
Service: Excellent. No request you have is too much. To illustrate, they carry Coke products at this resort, but a colleague wanted a Pepsi. The answer was not I’m sorry, but rather, it will take a minute and we can get it. Sure enough after a trip to the local 7-11 (or wherever), they had it. I asked for a Fiji water despite their being generic water in the gym area, sure enough they made it happen a minute or two later. 5 star service.
Overall: It may be pricy during ski season, but it’s truly a top notch resort that ski side. That’s hard to beat. In off season, you can enjoy a beautiful room and resort for much less. Final word, I am trying to find excuses to come back. Enough said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Deer Valley, is located in the year-round community of Park City, Utah, is one of North America’s finest mountain resort destinations. Reminiscent of the great mountain lodges of the West, this refined mountain craftsman resort is less than five minutes from Park City’s celebrated Main Street where leisurely strolls reveal an eclectic array of al fresco cafes, local art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and specialty boutiques. With time being the most treasured asset in today’s world, the resort is well positioned just a 40 minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). Resort guests will enjoy a coveted location atop Empire Pass, unrivaled ski-in / ski-out access to North America's No. #1 ski resort, and amazing year-round activities including hiking, biking, golf and fly-fishing. After a day of mountain adventure, guests can retreat to the 35,000 square foot alpine inspired spa offering 29 treatment rooms and an indoor mosaic pool. True to the Montage commitment to culinary expertise, dining rises to an art form at Montage Deer Valley. From the refined indoor settings of Apex and its mountain side terrace to the fun jovial atmosphere of Daly's Pub & Rec, with its very own bowling alley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Prestigia, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Montage Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- Montage Deer Valley Park City, Utah