All reviewscompass sportsbowling alleyapex restaurantvista loungedaly's publaguna beachyama sushideer valleystuffed animalsindoor poolheated bathroom floorswalk in closetturn down servicefire pitbedroom residencein room diningmoment you arrive
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at The Montage for our 20th anniversary. Since it is the off season for this ski resort hotel, the rates are very reasonable. The amenities are extraordinary. The spa is the most relaxing place I have ever been. We came for a couples get away, but want to bring the kids back since there is so much to do- complimentary to guests. Some of the fun includes: a bowling alley, pool tables, arcade (coins required here) and ping pong. There is a fun and cometely complimentary s'mores making activity every night with the best hot chocolate I've ever tasted. Free archery classes, frisbee golf, beautiful hikes. The staff is soooooo attentive and every detail is considered to keep things clean satisfying my OCD needs- fresh duvet covers on beds special towels that fit over the pool chairs which are changed between guests. This place is my new favorite place in the world to stay!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Washesherhands
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Montage is the BEST luxury family resort on the planet. It is the only place I have traveled with my family (3 young children) and felt like we have ALL been on vacation. Pampered without being pretentious, attention to details (eg. get well notes with care packages for altitude sickness; Red Sox game schedule waiting for us upon our arrival), greetings from Monty the adorable mascot are sure to make everyone feel welcome. But when it comes to getting ready to hit the slopes, Andy, the director of Compass, the on-property outdoor shop, is top of the hill! Matching skier ability with the right skis and terrain, Andy is brilliantly accurate. The entire staffs' focus on being ready to ease your transition from ready-to-ski to on the slopes and apres-ski is like being Dorothy in Oz. It's as if you just click your heels, and you are on your way. And being the Montage, I bet they would even dye your eyes to match your gown (or parka as the case may be)...! Which brings me to the spa. An experience I will never forget...ethereal and life altering. From pre-ski stretching to core-strengthening to a massage of a lifetime...I literally wept with joy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We've been fortunate enough to stay several times at the Montage properties, this past weekend was our first visit to beautiful Deer Valley.

At first glance this hotel is simply stunning, set against a mountain surrounded by beautiful aspen trees.

We were warmly greated and promptly checked in by the hotel staff. We agreed to take a quick tour of the property which was very informative: We visited the spa, workout gym (state of the art), sports center, and pub.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the pub! It was truly a game players heaven...there's bowling, darts, foosball, pool and several retro arcade games that brought back some fond childhood memories.

The food was fantastic throughout the property, the sushi bar served up some of the finest rolls we've ever tasted. The main dining offered the quality and service you'd expect from a 5 star restaurant. We really enjoyed the bar and live music on the main floor as well, it was a perfect way to end the evening.

The outdoor activities are endless, we rented bikes the first day then moved on to archery the following day. The trail riding is amazing, you're literally only 50 yards from the lift!

Let me qualify this statement by saying this, I've stayed at some of the nicest hotels around the world and Montage Deer Valley is a little slice of heaven.

I'm looking forward to visiting again in the winter. Thanks Montage for a wonderful 3-day weekend!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Don S
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is absolutely over the top! Every detail is thought of and attended to. I cannot think of a more relaxing and beautiful place for a vacation. We have stayed for 5 nights and even if you just stay at the resort and don't venture in town, it is impossible to get bored. You can enjoy their beautiful outdoor Olympic sized pool where they cater to your every whim, have smores and hot chocolate out by their fire pit, get spa treatments, workout, play shuffleboard or vintage video games down in their pub, take an archery lesson, hike, bike or even enjoy the great music they bring in nightly and take in the original art around the hotel. It is the most luxurious place imaginable to relax and unwind. And the little added details like a new chocolate every night in your room at the turn down service and the most comfortable beds and showers I have ever experienced will make me a fan for life. Top notch!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed one night. Wished I could have stayed longer. Very comfortable rooms - best bed. Spa and work out facilities are one of the best I have utilized. Valet services are outstanding including Trixie who was very helpful and sincere with friendliness. Only negative - no full length mirrors in the rooms ( was told by Front Desk that Suites have them). Front desk needs a little more training on gonig the extra mile for service - i.e. offering to have my car brought up during the check out procedure.
Love this hotel and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business