Montage Deer Valley
Marriott's Summit Watch(Park City)(Great Value!)
$169
Marriott's MountainSide(Park City)(Great Value!)
$165
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village(Park City)(Great Value!)
$141
$86
$127
The Chateaux Deer Valley(Park City)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
Hyatt Centric Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
$229
$308
StRegis.com
  • Pool
Waldorf Astoria Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
$319
$287
  • Pool
Grand Summit Hotel(Park City)(Great Value!)
$157
$145
  • Pool
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa(Park City)(Great Value!)
$283
$159
All reviewscompass sportsbowling alleyvista loungedaly's pubyama sushideer valleyhomemade marshmallowspeak viewbernese mountain dogsarcade gamesindoor poolheated bathroom floorsrain showerwalk in closetturn down servicefour seasonsbedroom residence
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, only about 5 minutes past Park Cities. I wished they had full length mirrors in the room, but was told they were only in suites. Pool service was ok, but not attentive as I expected. Room and bathroom very large, very comfortable. Bathroom floor, could have been a little cleaner. Check out attendant not real friendly, but valet upon checkout made up for it, offering water upon departure. Overall, very nice, I recommend it highly

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

From the moment we pulled up we felt pampered and important to the staff. The hotel was comfortable and luxurious and the food was delicious. Surroundings in the mountains are beautiful and I especially enjoyed eating breakfast on the large outdoor patio. It took a little time to get comfortable with the layout of the hotel but it eventually came to me. If I have the choice of any hotel that I want to escape to a quiet resort getaway it will definately be the Montage Deer Valley.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Like many Trip advisor users I look to this website for guidance and assistance in my travel accommodations and travel decision-making. Often weary of reviews and photos taken, but ultimately leave trusting on a majority decision. (100’s of reviews can’t be all wrong!)

Montage Deer Valley is a resort that finds a way to place people in an enormous facility with a great feeling of intimacy. The resort claims to be over 1 million sq. feet and might very well be. The design of Montage is to keep you and those around you active and involved on the resort year around. However, ingenious design and simple decorate blend well with the surrounding environment and have resulted in something spectacular. The views are vast, peaceful, and won’t disappoint. I had reservations about the true beauty of the resort and images taken, however upon arrival I was elated at the beauty that surrounded the resort.

My wife and I are Utah natives and thoroughly enjoy a weekend away. I recently and impulsively decided to book a weekend at Montage with less than 48 hrs. notice. Not only were they very accommodating with the reservation, but also were able to accommodate an early check-in and late checkout. The resort offers much more than fine dining, a spa, a fitness center and reception areas. Archery, bocce ball, croquet, mountain biking, swimming, and volleyball are all activities that a person can do with little or no notice at all.

In short, the rates I found to be a little expensive initially, however after a weekend away I feel I escaped with a bargain! The food is simple, yet perfectly prepared with top ingredients. (I will criticize the amount of fruit given for $17. That was disappointing) The staff cannot receive enough praise for their attentiveness and courtesies displayed to us during our stay. However, the amenities and intimate setting of Montage Deer Valley is worth the price of admission. I endorse this resort fully and look forward to our next stay.

Cheers!

Room Tip: Summer rates are exceptional. New resort with the strong desire to exceed any and all expectations!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brian B
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a very special property and one would have to really dig deep to find the slightest flaw in any element of this mountain gem.
The Montage sets itself in elite company with remarkably high level of service. Only the finest resorts and hotels in the country share its "never say no" type of level of hospitality. A personal greeting met us at the door and when I went to check out, the charming lady at the desk presented my bill to me and said "It was nice having you Mr. K..." How do they know who you are coming and going without you saying it??? I can never figure that out. In between the check in and check out was a Bell/valet staff, a concierge staff, food and beverage and housekeeping that all created at least one "wow" moment for me and my family during our weeklong stay.
The kids loved the "Paintbox" program when my wife and I enjoyed some alone time and the recreation, even during the summer is too varied to recite. Ski lifts right outside the door can take you right to the top of the 9600 ft peak for a hike, site seeing or a picnic lunch in minutes!!!

Now what really makes Montage special is its location. Deer Valley is the perenial #1 ski resort in the USA and this place sits 8600 feet up on the side of one of its most prestigious peaks at Empire Pass!!! There is not a bad view in this hotel, but the Vista or Peak view will set your eyes on one of the most magnificient views in the world. A panoramic over the entire Deer Valley/Park City area seeing nearly to Salt Lake City. It is stunning. Sunsets, rainbows and hot air balloons decorated the view during our stay and it seemed the colors, shadows and highlites of the miles an miles of mountains changed every moment. I have never seen a parallel.

We traveled with a small group with our families for a business meeting that we extended to a family vacation. The group thoroughly enjoyed it and we are already pondering our return in the near future. Mat Baer, the remarkable Group Liason arranged every detail of our meeting/hospitality and didn't miss a thing. The facilities are trememdous.

The price is predictably stiff, but fret not! Travel off season and there are bargains to be had. During the non-ski times (late April til Thanksgiving) you can find rates in the low 300's (maybe even better) and it is worth every penny! During the season that same room could tease 7-800 per night. Can you blame them? People will pay to finish a day of skiing off by gliding basically into thier living room!!!!

Go. Enjoy and say you did it. We explored every aspect of the property so if you have any questions, just email..

Room Tip: The "Vista or Peak" view rooms overlook one of the best views in the world. If you are considering the upgrade, do it! We stayed in a residence with 6 people total and the 2 bedroom was wonderful, with 3 balconies and cost less than multiple rooms. Residences are on top 3 floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Pro: spacious room with large closet storage and upper scale bath accessories. Front desk helped me get concert tickets and rounded up lawn chaairs and blankets ( thanks mike blakely) . Courtesy rides to town, and driver kind enough to take my packages back to my room as i went elsewhere (thanks Will). Great bedding and pillows. Brigher bath lighting than at the st regis.
Cons: can be confusing to navigate at first. Getting ice and water to room may take a few extra calls and patience.
If i get a chance to return to deer valley, i would return to this property

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple