“Paradise on the mountain”

Montage Deer Valley
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bountiful, Utah
“Paradise on the mountain”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Just spent two nights here in a Residence Suite and all I have to say is that I didn't want to leave. The second the porter opened the door to our 1200 sq foot room, I was at home. Beautifully appointed kitchens with top of the line appliances, heavenly beds that I never wanted to leave, gorgeous views of the mountains, and lovely sitting areas by the fireplace. One of the things I loved was the second we got into the room, our porter called down to the front desk to get a robe for my 11 year old son that fit him perfectly. My son was thrilled by the treatment. We cuddled up in front of the fireplace and watched a great football game while the snow came down. Everything about this place screams luxury with the rich wood floors and heated tile, the bath amenities that make your skin feel like silk. We also did the Art of the Spa and thoroughly enjoyed the whirlpool/steam room/sauna experience. Another benefit? Smores every day at an outdoor fire pit that are gourmet and oh so tasty.

Everything about this place made me feel like a million bucks and I'm not a spendy traveler; I love nice places but enjoy saving a few $$ from time to time. However, after spending two nights here, I would gladly pay more. I'm already looking at my next visit!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank abrew_76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Chicago ,IL
Reviewed November 5, 2011

While attending a conference my wife and I stayed at the Montage. The car valet staff was very attentive. The room was finished nicely but unfortunately the was right in the side of a dirt wall ten feet away. Given the price and not overly crowded hotel at the time I would have expected a better view. Dinner for our group was in a very bland looking banquet room with uninspiring food to match. The location is pretty far from town. The elevation is much higher than most other hotels in the area and several people in our group felt Ill effects. Overall I would say it was Ok but not great

• Stayed September 2011
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I just spent 4 days at the Montage Deer Valley for a business conference, and it was so lovely, it felt like I was there on vacation. The rooms are large, the bathrooms are huge, and the furnishings are top-notch. Loved the large gym, yoga classes, spa, and hiking trails right out the back door.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We are fans of the Laguna and Beverly Hills Montage. Upon receiving an email from Deer Valley Montage advertising their Autumn specials, my husband changed his already booked hotel reservations (for a planned business meeting in SLC) to the Montage Deer Valley. The deal offered was amazing (like.. AMAZING) for such a lovely resort. The room, lobby, common areas, workout facility, spa, etc... are very Montage-esque; class and comfort. Exactly what you would expect from this caliber hotel. However, more important was the warm and welcoming attitude from the staff. With the exception of the front desk receptionist (not unkind, just miscast for her position. I am of the feeling that a resort's "gatekeeper" or front desk/check-in person should be the MOST welcoming of all. Or at least a smile, right? ) every employee we spoke to or came across was overtly friendly and accommodating. The Apex Restaurant & Bar and the Buzz employees were enthusiastic and genuinely happy people. We were greeted with true kindness at the valet stand every time we entered or exited. The concierge was efficient and helpful. Even Monty (the resident "Mascot" dog) greeted us with a wagging tail and glee. The highlight of the mini getaway was the acoustic performer at the Apex bar. This singer played for hours taking request after request. It was as though we had our own private concert. The quality of music/sound was an honest 10+. We actually had dinner reservations at the St. Regis down the hill and had to cancel because we were so content at the bar listening to the music, eating fondue and having a drink prepared by a REALLY nice bartender. Again, the Montage Deer Valley seems to be perfecting the quintessential mountain resort experience in a real genuine way.
Overall, a fantastic experience. We normally visit Deer Valley/Park City in the winter months two or three times for ski trips with the kids. What an unexpected gift to experience Deer Valley in Autumn. The tremendous color of the valley and the quiet, calm of the resort makes for a close competition to the beauty of winter and ski season. We will definitely return.

New York, NY
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I have stayed here twice recently for business trips. The service and staff are first rate, everyone is extremely pleasant and helpful and all requests were met with almost instant responses. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, loved having my morning coffee sitting in front of the fireplace and enjoyed the balcony!!! Large bathroom, wonderful toiletries. Gorgeous views.
The location is a bit remote from Park City but the hotel provides transportation.

Room Tip: Residences are 2-3 bedrooms and have fantastic kitchens, comfortable living/dining room.
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were first staying with another couple in a different hotel in Park City. We went to the Montage for appetizers and drinks. We then quickly packed our things from the other hotel and checked into the Montage for 3 days. We split a 2 bedroom suite at an amazing price since we were there during shoulder season. The service is top notch and the rooms are luxurious. The spa is relaxing and luxurious. The indoor pool is gorgeous overlooking the beautiful mountains. We loved the bar nestled next to the chair lift that served great drinks and appetizers. The bartender, Greg, was one of the reasons we changed hotels. He had a great personality and made us feel right at home. The hotel is decorated in the most beautiful woods and makes you feel like you are in a very... very large cabin in the mountains. We were so fortunate to be spoiled by an early snow which coated the giant aspens and lined the grounds outside.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I am typically a Four Season's customer, but I have visited the Montage property in Beverly Hills and Laguna Beach, so this is not my first time to a Montage resort. I visited the Montage Deer Valley to attend a wedding in early September 2011. The resort is nice, but the service is awful. Additionally, after reviewing my bill I found inaccurate charges, which I called the resort multiple times to question. I kept being transferred to the accounting department and asked to leave messages, but never received a call back. When I finally spoke with someone in the accounting department, they were run, unprofessional and said they would look into it and get back to me. Yeah, right! As of today I am still trying to resolve inaccurate charges levied against my credit card. I recommend avoiding the Montage at Deer Valley!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank Brad W
MontageDeerValley, Director of Sales at Montage Deer Valley, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Brad,

Greetings from Montage Deer Valley and our apologies for putting you in a position to share comments such as you did. Please know that the issue is now resolved and the disputed variance has been applied to your credit card.

We do appreciate you taking time to share feedback and our Resort Manager, Mr. David Mars, has reached out to you directly to ensure this matter is now resolved to your satisfaction.

Christopher Hamaway