“Great spot for drinks”

High West Distillery & Saloon
Ranked #4 of 262 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come visit Utah's first distillery since the 1870's, and the only ski-in gastro-distillery in the world. Located in Old Town Park City, at the bottom of Quit N' Time ski run and next to the Town Lift. High West Distillery and Saloon is an intimate gathering place serving nouveau Western fare, a full selection of fine wine and spirits, and our own small-batch, mountain-crafted, award-winning whiskeys and vodkas.
Clearwater, Florida
“Great spot for drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I like taking out of town guests here because they can experience some western atmosphere in a modern and classy setting. I've never had an entree here so my rating is purely for drinks, appetizers and desserts. While the drinks are a bit pricey, choice and quality are excellent, as well as level of service and the knowledge of the bartenders. You can have drinks at either the saloon bar, or the main restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
HighWest, General Manager at High West Distillery & Saloon, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Nyllie...

Thanks for being such a faithful ambassador of High West to your out-of-towners! We appreciate the support and are pleased to provide an authentic western experience for you and your guests. We take a ton of pride in sharing our passion for education, hand crafted cocktails and delivering outstanding service. Thanks for noticing!

We look forward to welcoming you and your next guests back to High West soon!

Cheers...

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Love High West!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We heard great things about this restaurant and we were not disappointed! I don't even care for whiskey but we were in Park City and we wanted to check it out. My fiance and myself did the whiskey tasting and our waiter was so knowledgeable and walked us through all 4 of the tasters. We had a few appetizers too which were amazing! I would highly recommend anyone coming to Park City paying this place for a visit. The decor is awesome too, it is like a fancy saloon but still has the charm of a saloon. I loved the decor!

• Visited December 2013
HighWest, Manager at High West Distillery & Saloon, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Kristin…

Thanks for your kind words and we’re thrilled we lived up to the recommendations! We appreciate the compliments around your knowledgeable server as well as the whiskey and decor. Education, a welcoming environment and service and great food are key pieces of what we try to deliver to each guest and we’re glad we did so during your visit.

Thank you again for sharing your 5 star experience on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to High West on your next visit from Arlington.

Manchester, Connecticut
“good eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

A great place to relax and enjoy the Park City ambiance and food. Good, friendly staff with an abundance of appitizers and a varied menu.

Visited June 2014
HighWest, Manager at High West Distillery & Saloon, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear mvcoach…

Thanks for the compliments on your recent visit to High West! Glad we could satisfy you across many levels and we look forward to serving you again soon on your return visit from CT.

DuBois, IL
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Visited Park City on business and heard rave reviews of High West so myself and my business associate decided to give it a shot. Wait times were very minimal (maybe 10-15 minutes) which was a huge plus considering it was a Saturday evening and they were VERY busy. Atmosphere is very good, I liked the western environment. Our server was prompt to fill our glasses of water and take our drink order. That's when things started to go downhill. We both ordered the "Dead Mans Boots" on recommendation from our server after my business associate specifically requested a drink with NO citrus. Low and behold the drink had citrus. The waitress came back a few minutes later to take our food order and when he told her the drink was sub-par she rolled her eyes. We both ordered the New York Steak. When the steak was delivered it looked appetizing but that was it. The steak was tough and quite fatty and riddled with gristle. When we told the waitress it was terrible she told us "well you should of said something sooner I could of did something about it". Funny thing is we both only ate 1/4 of the steak. She did comp the steaks off but when she laid the new bill on the table she threw it down and walked away without saying a word... When the manager was involved in the "comping" he never walked over to talk to us...well he did to ask us if it was okay if he could open a window blind behind us. While he was doing that she was in the corner blabbering on about us I presume to her co-workers cause she kept pointing to our table. In the end I couldn't wait to get out of there cause the seating was terrible, who in their right mind decided to purchase steel chairs to have their guests sit on. I would of preferred a bucket, I think it would of been more comfortable. All in all I was very disappointed in this visit with the high reviews and I will not return which is a shame because I really wanted to go on a tour of the whisky and vodka making.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Amber W
HighWest, Guest Relations Manager at High West Distillery & Saloon, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Amber...

Thanks for sharing the specifics of your recent poor experience here at High West. All the cool ambiance in the world can't make up for bad service. I want to personally apologize for the actions of our server and that our manager never personally addressed your concerns. We take so much pride in our service of guests yet know that we don't always nail that proposition 100% of the time. We'll keep grinding away on our end, and with specific, honest feedback like yours, we're able to coach and train more effectively.

Again, I apologize for your inconvenience. Considering that we also left you unfulfilled on how we produce our whiskeys and vodkas, I invite you and your guests for a personal tour on your next visit to Park City (Please see email below to schedule). We'd appreciate a second chance to live up the "rave reviews" that led you our way initially.

Sincerely...

ted@highwest.com
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Lunch. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Had a great lunch here. Great food and fast service (which is amazingly hard to find in this town). I will come back if I have a chance.

Dear Nice Guy STL…

Thanks for your brief but specific review of your recent lunch here at High West. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return visit from St. Louis soon.