“A Working Distillery with Good Lunch Selections”

High West Distillery & Saloon
Ranked #3 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Come visit Utah's first distillery since the 1870's, and the only ski-in gastro-distillery in the world. Located in Old Town Park City, at the bottom of Quit N' Time ski run and next to the Town Lift. High West Distillery and Saloon is an intimate gathering place serving nouveau Western fare, a full selection of fine wine and spirits, and our own small-batch, mountain-crafted, award-winning whiskeys and vodkas.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

A friend who lives in Park City took us touring around old town. He suggested we eat lunch at High West, a working distillery. I've toured several distilleries but had never eaten at one, so sounded interesting. We selected a table just off the upstairs bar that looked like a nicely decorated sitting room area of a hotel in the old West. My friend ordered the Utah Ballard Farm pulled pork, slow roasted 18 hours, it did look tasty. I ordered the H.W.B.L.T. hardwood smoked bacon, slices of yellow tomato and avocado with a chipolte mayo. We also got a couple of HWD's whiskey lemonades.

HighWest, Manager at High West Distillery & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear...OTR Again IM

Thanks to you and your friend for choosing High West as a dining location on your recent visit to High West. Yes, we're know for our whiskey's but our food is tasty as well. Our Executive Chef has created a menu over the years that not only includes whiskey throughout the recipes but pairs well with Whiskey also.

Thanks again or sharing your thoughts and swing on by on your next visit here in Park City.

There are newer reviews for High West Distillery & Saloon

Reviewed June 28, 2013

High West Distillery could be classified as a high society place where the food is pricey and the portions are small. Though the food is delicious, the whiskey drinks are what you really should come for. Upon arriving in Park City and asking some locals for places to eat this is one of the first places recommended to my dad and me. The words “they make their own whiskey” got my attention. From the street it looks like an old automobile garage with the old sliding door (this is where the distillery is) built on as an addition to a house (where the restaurant, bar, and gift store are located). I took my father here for Father’s Day thinking he would like it (he enjoyed what little food he got). We sat outside even though the weather was nice, I would have rather sat inside. While sitting outside I felt like you could only have an intimate conversation because it’s just so quiet outside. I order the Black Angus Tri Tip with Spicy Slaw and the Blood & Sand mixed drink. My dad ordered the Wild Scottish Salmon with his drink being Trigger. There’s a small gift store where you can purchase one of their whiskeys or vodkas, various drinking glasses (all the same price) and other memorabilia. I went back later in the week before leaving Park City to purchase a drinking glass from the store and they were having a private event and seemed kind of snooty about letting me in (even though the event hadn’t started and no one had arrived yet).

I would recommend this place for a date/special occasion or just a place to come for a drink.

Dear Daniel D...

Thanks for choosing High West as a destination for you and your dad on Father's Day. We appreciate you sharing the details of your experience and your appreciation of our cocktails. We take a ton of pride in our craft bar and our cocktails which are led by 2 creative and skilled bar managers. I will certainly be passing along your feedback on the portion sizes and your General Store service, or lack there of, as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your 4 star review.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a fun stop as they do whiskey tastings. I had never been to a whisky tasting, but have done many wineries. The place looks like a run down western bar from the outside but is much nicer on the inside. Warning though, the whiskey is pricey.

Dear Jabawaki...

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on your recent High West experience. One aspect we focus on here is educating our guests on whiskey; it's history, how it's made, taste profiles and our products. There's a lot of love that goes in to every bottle and we appreciate you participating in our tasting. Hopefully you came away with an increased whiskey knowledge and a High West favorite. Please let us know if you did - we love to hear guests feedback. Thanks again for taking the time to post your 4 star review and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Loved the dishes, based on serving size a little pricey. Service was great.
Loved all the different rooms, 2 bars (2 houses run together).
We stuck to scotch this time so cannot speak about the drafts.

Dear MaryLee22043...

Thanks for your 5 star review and sharing some good, honest feedback. We hope the scotch you tried was our Campfire whiskey which blends rye, bourbon & scotch. We hope you'll come visit again on your next journey to Park City!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The food was amazing. My husband had the elk and I had the small plate salmon. Both were delicious and I still had room to share a cobbler for desert. The food took a while to come out but it was worth the wait, and our server was great. Also we really enjoyed the building both inside and out. We did not make reservations but got there early enough that they were able to squeeze us in. I would highly suggest making a reservation especially if you are going for dinner on the weekend.

HighWest, Manager at High West Distillery & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Kristen W...

Thank you for the review of your recent dining experience here at High West. The elk and salmon are 2 house favorites as is the berry cobbler. We appreciate your patience and kind words around your server and are pleased you took time to notice the "place" (on the nation historic register) which we take great pride in sharing with guests.

Additionally, we do take a limited number of reservations each night as we hold the majority of our tables for walk in. We start taking names 30 days in advance. We hope you'll make the drive up from Layton another time soon and thanks again for taking the time to post a review!