“Food and cocktails”

Ranked #3 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Come visit Utah's first distillery since the 1870's, and the only ski-in gastro-distillery in the world. Located in Old Town Park City, at the bottom of Quit N' Time ski run and next to the Town Lift. High West Distillery and Saloon is an intimate gathering place serving nouveau Western fare, a full selection of fine wine and spirits, and our own small-batch, mountain-crafted, award-winning whiskeys and vodkas.
Springfield, Missouri
“Food and cocktails”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Don't take reservations, better for adults
Food was awesome! Whiskey tasting was fun
Cocktails were very good! Dessert was ok

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great, unique food. Not great service.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our group of 10 had dinner here during our ski trip. The food choices were unique and very tasty. I tried the elk and it was extremely soft like prime rib. My husband had the NY strip and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. There were no complaints around the table about the food which included the Cod, pulled pork and burgers. The specialty drinks were enjoyed as well. I tried the Dead Man's Boots, despite the fact that I'm not a whiskey fan, and really enjoyed it.

The atmosphere is nice. A bit loud, but average for a restaurant of this type. The service was not great. Our waitress actually interrupted one of us ordering to talk to another couple who were leaving the restaurant. We were never asked if we'd like a second round of drinks, and when one of us caught the waitress and ordered one, she never brought it. Having a history as a waitress, I usually give waitstaff a bit of a free pass, but this one just kept getting strikes in my book.

San Diego, California
“Best meal!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went on a Monday night, around 6:30pm....put our name on the list, said it would be 1.5 hours, turned out to only be about 30 (which was great). Our server was AWESOME-loved her! Can't remember her name (sorry! tall and moving to Portland soon). ALL of our food was truly amazing, we ate out every night of our trip and this was by far our favorite meal. The burger was killer and the pulled pork was great! Will defintely be back!!

Visited March 2013
Maryland
“Cool Place, Great Amtosphere, Great Drinks & Food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went with 7 buddies to the High West Distillery in March 2013 and had a very good experience. Yes, the wait is ridiculous, but they text you when your table is ready and there certainly is plenty of other things to do on Main Street while you wait, and they have two bars you can hang out in if you like as well (both those are usually packed as well!). The dinner was excellent (everyone at my table enjoyed their food) and our waitress was super cool and nice. I have to say that several times while we waited we experienced the stinky fondue appetizer that they offer ... no we didn't eat it, but if someone orders it, you cant avoid it! It honesty really STINKS like feet or something. I heard that is tastes great, but MAN does it stink up the place! That was the only downer for our evening, otherwise the place is worth the hype! Try the Elk!

Palm Beach, Australia
“May be overrated?”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've been here twice for drinks and dinner. The food was fine, not memorable. My most recent visit I sat at the bar. The bartenders weren't overly friendly but I decided to try one of their 'specialty' drinks the lemonade. It's pink and overly sweet -- pass. Next, I asked for a vodka / tonic and it was fine. The bartender handed me the bill ($20) and didn't say thanks when I handed it back just walked away.... there were a line of people waiting to get into the place. Sorry, just not worth it. Cozy surroundings only get you half - way. You have to back that up with service. I walked over to Zoom and sat in their lovely bar, very comfortably and had an awesome dinner with great service. Last time for me at High West .

1 Thank themidlifetraveler