“Could not get past the Hostess”

Maxwell's East Coast Eatery
Ranked #63 of 275 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Restaurant and bar
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Love Maxwell's when I visit with Friends and Family and took a client in to see the College Football Championship. There were a few people waiting and the Hostess was very rude and said there will be a 30-40 minute wait no biggie so we walked around to see if there was a couple of bar stool available and nothing so I went back and said we would wait. The Hostess (Blonde) ask for my cell and I said I didn't bring it and she said get my friends with attitude and I said I will wait by the waiting area and she said it is company procedure again with attitude. I turn to my client and said we are out of here. She was more interested in BSing with her younger friends than running and front desk. Not a good way to win over customers let a lone local customers. My client said we will never come back here again. I love the Pizza but there are enough other places in Park City to take clients and friends for dinner!

Mike

2  Thank beegha

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The pizza at Maxwells could be one of the best pizzas I have ever had. Or, it could be that I was starving to death when I got there! Located in the Newpark area, which was near our home in Bear Hollow. Very convenient and not a far drive for a bunch of weary, starving skiers. We had a pretty long wait, but the bar was fun and the beer was good and cold. It took a while to get our food, but I think this is because it was very crowded that night. But, our server was great and very attentive. Everyone at our table raved about the pizza. I had chicken parm and it was good - not as good as the pizza. When I return there, I will never eat anything but the pizza!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good food, good service, cold beer & a nice relaxed atmosphere. Maxwells can get crowded during the holidays so plan ahead. I went this evening after the Olympic Speed Skating Trials and our party of 6 was seated in about 5 minutes. There is a good selection of beer and wine which go along well with the Pizza and Pasta dishes. All 6 of us were pleased with our selections, I had the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and it was great. The college bowl games and the nba game were on the TVs which were easily viewed by somewhat obsessed sons and me.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our server was amazing. Very friendly and gave great recommendations. The pizza was outstanding. More of a bar atmosphere than a family restaurant, but we still took our four little kids and had a great time.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

There's nothing I don't like here and it's all extremely good. Service, beer and food! Lots of TV's and you can see them from anywhere you sit!