This is simply the most extraordinary ski hotel I have ever seen, let alone stayed in.
The facilities are stunning, from the lobby to the exercise room to the pool to the various outdoor fire pits.
The location could not be better. The ski valet puts your skis on the snow, you click into them, and then you ski down a perfectly groomed run to the Deer Crest lift (which, although not a high-speed lift) has some of Deer Valley's most overlooked terrain.
The room was wonderful. We had a deluxe suite (which was an upgrade from a standard room). It had a full kitchen with everything top of the line (i.e. sub-zero, bosch, etc.). There were two fire places. The enormous separate shower had an overhead rain forest shower and a standard shower head. This was the best hotel shower I've experienced. The bath was spacious and comfortable. Remede products proved first rate. Both the living room and the bed room had wonderful furnishings. Both had fireplaces. Both had balconies.
Service was superb. It is as if the staff was trained by the Four Seasons. Everyone was wonderfully friendly and went out of their way to help however they could. The overworked ski valets were terrific and brought order to chaos.
J&G Grill was delicious for dinner, and reasonably priced especially for a hotel restaurant. We ate at the observation bar and ordered the tasting menu, 6 courses for $58 per person. Each course was a show-stopper. We also had lunch there on our last day, and it was enjoyable. Do try the housemade ginger ale.
Perfect? No. There are some really small things to be worked out. After-ski hot chocolate service is off. They run out every day, because they aren't using a big enough container. And there was often an odd odor in the hallway on the fourth floor.
Having visited all the great hotels in Whistler, Aspen, Vail, and Beaver Creek, it is my opinion that the St. Regis sets a new standard in excellence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, The St. Regis Deer Valley combines understated elegance with mountain ambiance. As the only resort in North America with a funicular and true slope side ski access, The St. Regis Deer Valley experience is incomparable. With its award-winning Jean-Georges' restaurant J&G Grill, a 14,000 square-foot spa, split-level infinity pool, ski valet service, and year-round family traditions and recreational activities, unique and memorable experiences are waiting at every turn. this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah