This is a beautiful hotel with a convenient Deer Valley location. The funicular tram made it easy to go to Deer Valley's Snow Park Lodge, literally steps away from the lower lobby. It also made it easy to get to downtown Park City. The funicuar ride was a cool way to access the Hotel and the attendent told us that it was necessary because the main Hotel is inside a gated community.
Our room was large and well appointed, overlooking the pool area with great views of the ski runs and mountains. Our stay was just a few days so we really didn't get to use the full kitchen but it was very nice (loved the countertop) and will figure into our planning for next time.
Overall, the Hotel's decor was both elegant and comfortable. I was cautious about the layout after reading a few of the other reviews, but after a day to get used to everything, it was actually quite easy to get around. It is no more than a few minutes walk to get anywhere in the Hotel.
One of the highlights of the trip was J&G Grill, the on-site restaurant. Breakfast was excellent and quick each day. Ate one night at the Exhibition Kitchen and one night in the dining room. Food was outstanding each time as was the service. The restaurant has an extensive wine list and wine bar attached which made my husband happy. The pricing is quite reasonable, especially for a Jean Georges restaurant. This is a gorgeous space and by far our new favorite restaurant in Park City.
Based on other reviews, I was prepared to be disappointed with the service aspect of the Hotel. I can honestly say that, based on our stay, either the Hotel staff has improved significantly or some of the prior comments were not typical of the overall service. Clearly, everything was not perfect but I found the staff to be pleasant, eager and accomodating. I was actually surprised at the level of service overall given that the Hotel opened last month.
We had a great stay and will be back this ski season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, The St. Regis Deer Valley combines understated elegance with mountain ambiance. As the only resort in North America with a funicular and true slope side ski access, The St. Regis Deer Valley experience is incomparable. With its award-winning Jean-Georges' restaurant J&G Grill, a 14,000 square-foot spa, split-level infinity pool, ski valet service, and year-round family traditions and recreational activities, unique and memorable experiences are waiting at every turn. this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah