The St. Regis Deer Valley is an incredibly beautiful and luxurious hotel, but it was the people who work here that made our trip so special. This is our third year skiing and staying here, and a few friendly faces have been consistent over the years. Thomas Crawford, a butler at the hotel, greeted us by name and remembered funny stories about us from two years ago. He went out of his way countless times over our stay to make us feel comfortable, always knowing what we needed before we knew! If Thomas says he's going to do something, it gets done, and he has a great sense of humor along with his incredible sense of service.
This happened to be the busiest week of the year (Pres. week) we were there, and of course this puts a lot of pressure on the staff. After an extremely busy morning in the boot room, the hotel sent out a formal apology to every guest (I never noticed problem). The next morning they had a second complimentary cocoa and coffee station in the boot room for guests, and had clearly figured out how to solve whatever problem had existed the day before. Justin Beers, Dir. of Guest Services, went out of his way to make us feel comfortable. He always had time for a chat with us, our friends, and our kids. He worked around the clock. He hosted a complimentary apres ski wine evening in the lobby of the hotel on Friday night of our stay. What could have been an extremely formal grand lobby turned into a family friendly, cozy, spontaneous party for all the guests. The next night, there was a complimentary champagne sabering party for all the guests in the lobby. (which is also done every night in the bar upstairs.)
The grand lobby was so cozy, in fact, that we managed to have dinner by the fire with our group of friends two nights we were there. (NOTE: for planning purposes, make sure you allot enough time in the hotel, you won't want to leave!) Both Tyler and Val went out of their way to bring us food and drinks, rather than send us up to the the formal restaurant. Needless to stay, we never got out of our ski clothes on both of those nights!
I'll quickly mention the beautiful pool, breakfast lobby bar in the morning with complimentary coffee and cocoa, comfortable beds, nice bathroom products, free shuttle into town, the FONDUE, nice people to put your heated ski boots on for you, and crazy beautiful mountain location.
Finally, we did not leave until we made our reservations for next year!!! Can't wait to come back. If you want to stay in a beautiful, convenient and luxurious hotel with the highest quality of service by wonderful, down-to-earth employees, this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, The St. Regis Deer Valley combines understated elegance with mountain ambiance. As the only resort in North America with a funicular and true slope side ski access, The St. Regis Deer Valley experience is incomparable. With its award-winning Jean-Georges' restaurant J&G Grill, a 14,000 square-foot spa, split-level infinity pool, ski valet service, and year-round family traditions and recreational activities, unique and memorable experiences are waiting at every turn. this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah