We went to the St Regis Deer Valley to ski and celebrate my 45th birthday in February. The staff could not have been nicer! 5 stars all the way around.
This first thing I want to note is how quiet this place is at night or in the morning. If you want to sleep in you will not be disturbed. You will not hear doors slamming or people in rooms next to you at all. This was a welcome change for a hotel! I had originally booked a deluxe room but was offered a great rate a week or two before my arrival to upgrade to a Deluxe suite, and I am so glad I did. It was more like a home away from home rather than just a hotel room. I was escorted to my room by my butler and found Champagne and chocolate waiting for me with a birthday card. This was a very nice touch. My special occasion was remembered by several staff members during my stay. The suite was huge at 900 Sq ft and had 2 fireplaces, 2 balconies, a full kitchen and master bath plus a powder room bathroom. There was a full sized dining table and a great den area complete with full sized couch and a coffee table that had some nice books which I was able to take some time to go through while relaxing.
I love this location. A true ski in ski out property. It is right on the ski trails but close enough to town to make it an easy trip there for shopping or dinner.
Everyone here is so nice! My wife and I both remarked how this was not the nice one gets just because you a paying quite a bit to stay here, but rather that this staff is genuinely friendly and happy in what they are doing.We had a number of very pleasant conversations with the staff about Deer Valley and Park City in general. I had a few special requests that they happily accommodated me on, and quickly. They make it so easy with the ski valets I am so spoiled now. They have your skis waiting for you every morning right outside once they help you put your books on. I never once had to carry my skis in or out. 5 stars for the ski valet and convenience factor.
The best hot chocolate I have ever had was served everyday along with in whipped cream, marshmallows, and chocolate shavings from 3-5 in the lobby and was something we looked forward to everyday. If you have not had your chocolate fill after that, then from 7-9pm every night they offered the guest complimentary smores out by the fire pit. It is a good thing I was burning lots of calories skiing! Lastly, and this a big one for the convenience factor.... the St Regis has a fleet of Cadillac Escalades to run you into Park City to dine or shop and would also take you to PCMR to ski as well if you wanted. This was exceedingly helpful and the drivers were are super friendly.
This is a gorgeous facility. I booked a 90 minute massage and was very pleased with it. I forget the therapist name but but she was great. I was so sore after skiing for many days and this really helped me be able to get back to feeling better. They also have steam room, sauna, and hot tub as well which is great after a massage.
We had a lovely meal here and I had arranged to be seated at the chef's counter which was really fun and we got to interact a bit with the chef's. They even let us sample a few things. I would put this meal up in the top ten best for us. The special that night was a Sea Bass which was to die for.
My only disappointment was in the boutique. I really wanted a shirt, fleece, jacket or some piece of clothing with the St Regis Deer valley logo on it. They did have a number of really nice items we both liked but everything in both our sizes was sold out. I had this exact same problem when I was at the St Regis in Princeville so I hope they take notice and start ordering more as apparently this problem and not just here. The manger did say she would try to order the shirt I wanted, but my wife was out of luck as all the winter women's stuff was sold out from their manufacture.
I would love to return one day to the St Regis Deer Valley and I would highly recommend it. My wife does not even ski and she was able to use the time to just take in the beautiful mountain scenery and relax. She even wants to return and said she may take a lesson next time. We both just loved the look and feel of the place. This is by far the best ski resort hotel we have stayed at. I think the location is better than the Montage as that puts you so far away from town making one too isolated. I did go in one day for a drink there and while it is nice it just served to firm up my opinion that I would rather be at the Regis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, The St. Regis Deer Valley combines understated elegance with mountain ambiance. As the only resort in North America with a funicular and true slope side ski access, The St. Regis Deer Valley experience is incomparable. With its award-winning Jean-Georges' restaurant J&G Grill, a 14,000 square-foot spa, split-level infinity pool, ski valet service, and year-round family traditions and recreational activities, unique and memorable experiences are waiting at every turn. this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah