The St. Regis resort Deer Valley
We checked into the St. Regis on Sunday afternoon for Thanksgiving week I was taken aback by the beauty and elegance of the ski resort. To enter the resort you get to ride on a really cool funicular that has panoramic views of Park City and Deer Valley. We checked in and Vanessa was outstanding what a friendly young lady - we had a great conversation about her living on Main Street in Park City and how much she enjoys working at the St. Regis the organizational culture here is outstanding and came through immediately in chatting with Vanessa. Vanessa was very well-trained in all the amenities and accoutrements that this resort has to offer and let me tell you, they offer a lot. We went up to our room on the sixth floor and couldn't believe what a stunning slope side view we had overlooking the pools and patio decks. The rooms have delightful balconies and soul warming fireplaces. The bathroom is spacious and beautiful - marble floors a wonderful travertine tile weaved wall, I've never seen anything like it, wonderful full-size spa tub and double sinks. A spacious marble and glass shower with both a wall and ceiling mounted showerhead - I never knew a shower could feel so good. The sundry and cosmetic amenities are top-of-the-line and the bathroom was set up beautiful by housekeeping. I saw a remote control sitting below the bathroom mirror (which is huge) and I couldn't figure out what it operated, so I clicked power...
Immediately the bathroom mirror transformed into high definition television. Now that's impressive. The beds are firm and the best that are available on the market I am a bed connoisseur.
We took a few photographs of the stunning views and then went out to explore the resort. Level after level floor after floor - there are nothing but impressive features. The architecture and the building materials of this resort are top-of-the-line and there natural, it makes you feel like you're on the side of the mountain, and you are. I don't know who the designer is but they had to of won some awards with the work they did at this resort - it's beautiful in the most elegant way. It's not ostentatious or so plush that it has the feel that they're trying to hard. It's simply elegant and very comfortable you sincerely enjoy just sitting around wherever you're at - be it at the library or one of the many outdoor decks or just the lobby area which they call the grand salon. I would've named it the spectacular salon because it truly is spectacular. I flew in from Boston where I live and the time changes a few hours so I was up at five in the morning searching for coffee. Kyra saw me wandering around and quickly approached me and extended a sincere warm good morning greeting. What a delightful young lady we chatted it up for a few moments and I explained to her that I wasn't quite used to the time change and was looking for coffee, she went way out of her way to help me - the coffee service in the library is outstanding but they don't present it until 6 AM so I was about an hour early but she made a few phone calls and they set up a smaller little in room dining complementary coffee cart station for me and she had it sent right down to the lobby. Now that is service at its best. They didn't just make coffee for me early that morning - they made a great memory for me, and I love that about this place, they do it again and again.
Later in the evening we went to the JB Grill. Again A very comfortable elegant and beautiful public space. They have a wonderful bar that goes clear around the kitchen cooking line, so you can sit upon a tall stool and watch the chefs prepare outstanding cuisine. Watching them passionately perform their artwork was amazing, there was so much care and concern dedicated to every plate. They pull their sauté pans out gracefully and delicately baste and baste and baste until their featured items are prepared perfectly. We had the six course tasting menu and I would highly recommend it to anyone. The St. Regis Deer Valley is living at it's best we will never forget the wonderful experience we have had here and we will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, The St. Regis Deer Valley combines understated elegance with mountain ambiance. As the only resort in North America with a funicular and true slope side ski access, The St. Regis Deer Valley experience is incomparable. With its award-winning Jean-Georges' restaurant J&G Grill, a 14,000 square-foot spa, split-level infinity pool, ski valet service, and year-round family traditions and recreational activities, unique and memorable experiences are waiting at every turn. this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah