“Superb”

The St. Regis Deer Valley
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We requested an upgrade to a suite and were given the best one in the house. Incredible view, 2 fireplaces, huge Bath ( TV in the mirror) rain forest shower and sunken tub. But the very best was Alex, our British butler!!! So helpful, he made anything possible?
The entire staff at the hotel was more than could be expected. This was a wonderful trip and we will go back. Oh yes and a super spa and athletic club.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carolyn1127
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Carolyn1127,
We’re so happy that you enjoyed your suite. Alex is the head butler for all of St. Regis so you were definitely in good hands. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Deer Valley

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were diverted from W Vieques ahead of Hurricane Irene and had to end up somewhere Delta flew and had a Starwood property. Polar opposite from a sunny beach, but couldn't have asked for any better alternative. We had never been to Park City, much less a ski resort in the summer, but anyone having an opportunity to visit this hotel should do so. Coming from the humid and flat Deep South, it was totally mesmerizing to be in such a beautiful landscape, and even the high heat was comfortable. St. Regis Deer Valley is second to none. The service, amenities, activities and atmosphere were all first class. We felt like activities director Robbie Preece was like our own personal guide to the hotel and city. The bike riding and hiking were excellent on the property and especially off. Park City is a wonderful town, and the St. Regis offers complimentary shuttle service around town...even though it is within walking distance. The vistas are great, the restaurant and of course the St. Regis bar were top notch as well. Even though we were hoping to vacation on an island, St. Regis Deer Valley was probably as good of an experience as we could have asked for.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

CarolinaTripfish,

What a fabulous story! We love that you enjoyed your unexpected diversion from the island. Robbie has all of the great insider knowledge of Park City and he is thrilled that you felt so special. We hope that you will get to experience Puerto Rico soon, but hope even more that you’ll be back to visit us. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My daughter and I were recently treated to a birthday pedicure and facial at the REMEDE spa located in The St. Regis Deer Valley. What a treat it was. Hearing my 13 year old daughter say she felt like a princess, when Lana brought us sparkling juice before Stacy gave her a beautiful and colorful pedicure, was music to my ears.
My facial was exquisite. Christiana has the hands of an angel. Every motion was delicate yet deliberate, fluid and so symmetrical. The warmth and relaxation, not to mention the clean skin, this facial gave me was truly a touch of heaven.
Lunch was also a special treat. We ate in the bar in order to see the snow fall on the gorgeous mountains right outside our window. The food was excellent and Ian, the bartender, was a gracious host who continued the royal treatment.
I cant thank them enough for the special care and attention they paid to us. We will never forget our special mother/daughter birthday time we had together.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

p w,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Remede Spa and St . Regis Bar! This sounds truly amazing and Lana, Christiana, and Ian will be so happy to hear they made your time with us truly magical. We hope this becomes a yearly treat for you and your daughter to escape for a day!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with perfectly-executed service set amidst a location of staggering beauty. I was there on a business trip and wish it had been longer. I was fortunate enough to be booked into a two-room suite. The front room had a full kitchen (which, though smaller, was nicer than my own), a dining area, a sitting/TV area, a balcony, a bathroom, and a fireplace. The second room housed the king-sized bed, another sitting area, another fireplace and a bathroom with a soaking tub and a rainfall shower. Really, really nice.

On top of that, the service was impeccable. Every request was met promptly by a professional and unfailingly polite staff. An example? I arrived from the East Coast too early for my room. So, I gave them my bag right there at the front desk and they took my cell number. When the room was ready, I received a message, I stopped by for my key, and found my bag already in my room.

The food at the St. Regis was also outstanding. Every meal was delicious.

If you're up for some recreation, you can choose between the pool, the excellent exercise room, the hiking trails that snake up the mountain, and the spa.

My only criticism, and this should come as no surprise, is that it's horrifically expensive. Of course, you're at a five-star hotel in an exclusive ski community, so this should come as no surprise. But you don't eat for less than $50 a person and, unless you have car, that's your only choice.

All that said, I'd love to go back in winter, even though I'm don't ski. I'll bet it's even more wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have some of the better views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Rabbit43,

Thank you so much for your glowing review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your room and that we were able to provide excellent service during your early arrival. There are so many fun activities in Deer Valley, and if you ever want to go into town to explore the other great restaurants Park City has to offer, we have complimentary shuttles that will drop you off on Main Street! Thank you again.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during a recent conference at which I was making a presentation. I can't say enough good things. Besides the beautiful location, the hotel made everything easy for a stressed business traveler. The room was beautifully appointed, large, clean and met every possible need. The staff were friendly and helpful. Room service was prompt and the food was good. I travel a lot for business and wish every hotel stay was as blissful as this.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place is magical... We decided to take a quick trip to park city for a family trip. We have never been here before as a family and had some spg suite nights to use up. When we arrived (you come in different than where you leave) we were greeted and asked if we needed anything before we rode to the Funicular up the mountain to the hotel my son loved every minute of it. Once in the hotel you have to make your way to the front desk which is located 1 level down. When we were checked in we were treated like royalty... They gave us a room with a Butler named Thomas who engaged our 2 year old who loved and they made sure that our room had everything we needed since our son has milk allergy.

The suite they gave us had a great view of the waterfall, cozy fireplaces and even a little bed just for our son. There was no detail too small. They even found a robe for our son that was his size which he loved. It was great time to spend with family we even used the kitchen that was located in the suite.

We used the outdoor pool on a cool september day and it was great. Its the little touches that make the St. Regis great like s'mores by the fire at night...

It is pretty amazing how much detail they tried to provide each guest even with 2 weddings going on that weekend we hardly even noticed. You also have to try the restaurant (it is kid friendly and nice all in one) it is fantastic, but that is a whole different review.

Stay here they will spoil you... Even as we were leaving they made sure my son had a St. Regis stuffed dog to take home with him

Room Tip: Higher floors give you a great view... I doubt there is a bad room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

this is one of the finest destinations, amazingly beautiful craftsmen style hotel at the base of a beautiful mountain, fine restaurant with amazing wine list!!, we attended at the low season, my wife LOVED the spa and had 'the best massage ever..'. attentive courteous staff, beautiful rooms with gorgeous bathrooms and amazing views, we MUST return, the historic town is close with great shopping and dining

Room Tip: pay the additional for a higher floor and for a suite, you will be thankful
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple