I can only think of two negative things to write about with regards to this hotel: It's over-priced...even for Deer Valley. (not necessarily the room, but everything else.) And the pool could be warmer; It was slightly too cold to enjoy.
That said, the place is really amazing. I stayed there 2 nights, over Labor Day weekend to see a concert. The first night I was by myself. I checked in early to enjoy the spa, read a book, have a drink, etc..By the end of the very first day, it seemed every single employee somehow knew my name. I wondered why...and how? The service at this hotel is unlike any other hotel I've ever stayed at. To stay it was totally outstanding, and over the top would be an understatement. The staff is just amazing. I really couldn't believe it, which is why it felt a little....odd. On one hand, I felt as though they were paid a very nice salary to make all the guests feel as though we were celebrities or something. I'm not too into that. I love great customer service, but I never want to be one of "those" people who feel a sense of entitlement, and demand it. Deer Valley residents are a very conservative "old money" crowd. Not my thing. I do have to say that the other guests I met were wonderful. None of which were from Deer Valley, just guests passing through or on vacation. I did not meet any guests who was pretentious or uptight. It was a friendly atmosphere, INSIDE the hotel grounds.
Next day was the same. Everyone (at the hotel) was wonderful, service was phenomenal, etc...UNTIL the concert: That's when you run into the residents of Deer Valley, which was truly horrifying. Long story short: Don't attend a concert in Deer Valley, especially if it's your favorite performer/band. You will be miserable, being forced to sit down at a rock/pop concert, because Heaven forbid you block the view of some old guy eating a gourmet salad paired with wine and cheese, wearing khakis and a Polo sweater draped over his shoulders, who couldn't name one song by this rock/pop band....his only reason of attending is to impress his fellow old money neighbors he sees daily at the country club they both belong to. It was so sad, and embarrassing as well.
After all is said and done, I would never recommend this hotel to any of my friends. I believe it attracts an older, much different crowd. However, it really is such a beautiful resort, and like I said, the staff is over the top amazing. It's difficult to NOT give this place a 5 star rating, in all honesty....perhaps when I'm 50 I'll find no fault???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, The St. Regis Deer Valley combines understated elegance with mountain ambiance. As the only resort in North America with a funicular and true slope side ski access, The St. Regis Deer Valley experience is incomparable. With its award-winning Jean-Georges' restaurant J&G Grill, a 14,000 square-foot spa, split-level infinity pool, ski valet service, and year-round family traditions and recreational activities, unique and memorable experiences are waiting at every turn. this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah