St. Regis in Deer Valley is definitely beautiful. As soon as you arrive you get a sense of exclusivity as you drop your car off at the valet and ride up the resort's private funicular. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly by all of the staff and enjoyed our hot chocolate with extra marshmallows, chocolate shavings and vanilla whip cream as we waited for our upgraded suite to be ready. Our room was fine, nothing amazingly beautiful about it, other than the view and size- but not breath-taking for supposedly 'one of the best rooms' in the resort. There were 2 fireplaces, but oddly placed in the room.
Our first night we ate at the St. Regis bar, enjoyed an $18 glass of wine, some Rosemary popcorn and basic steak and fish.
All of the reviews and ratings are right on with the 'perfect for family' comments- this is THE resort for kids. If you don't have kids, it could be somewhat annoying and I would suggest not staying here- especially over Spring Break. However, when my husband and I do decide to take a ski vacation with children, this will be the place to stay!
We never received the butler service we were promised with our upgraded suite, no big deal- we didn't really need someone to iron our clothes for us anyway, and they gave us 5,000 points for the service we never experienced.
The breakfast was great- we ate in the restaurant each morning and it is more than enough food to satisfy. The hot tub was ok, but there should be an adults only space for people who didn't bring children. The whole pool and hottub area was overrun by 8-12 year olds.
The concierge was very helpful with trying to book a snow shoe trip when skiing just didn't work out for me. The shuttle service is fantastic! The shuttle was always ready to take us somewhere when needed and picked us up right away when we called- great service!
Overall, it was a very nice stay at this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, The St. Regis Deer Valley combines understated elegance with mountain ambiance. As the only resort in North America with a funicular and true slope side ski access, The St. Regis Deer Valley experience is incomparable. With its award-winning Jean-Georges' restaurant J&G Grill, a 14,000 square-foot spa, split-level infinity pool, ski valet service, and year-round family traditions and recreational activities, unique and memorable experiences are waiting at every turn. this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Odigeo, Starwood, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah