My spouse, daughter and I spent five nights here during ski season. We were extremely pleased with our experience, especially the service by the staff. From a skiers perspective it was heavenly because it was true ski-in/ski-out and the ski valet made it so effortless to deal with your equipment (the biggest annoyance of skiing IMO). In addition you could buy your ski lift tickets and rent your skis right in the hotel. The staff in the ski area were very friendly and helpful. Deer Valley of course is a great mountain to ski with plenty of terrain for all levels and no snowboarders!
The hotel is up on a hill with access to the Base Lodge via funicular which is very cool. We have never seen anything like it before and we rode it many times just for fun. In this case the Base Lodge was pretty devoid of anything but lifts as the real center of the resort is higher up the mountain. However, it does provide access to frequent buses which take you to Park City for free just five minutes away (or just arrange the hotel's free shuttle service).
The interior of the hotel was a very warm contemporary style but lacks some of the mountain charm of other upscale lodges. Nevertheless we found the amenities to be great including the usual pools, hot tubs and fitness center. We rarely missed the daily hot chocolate bar and nightly s'mores. Again, the hotel staff was always very friendly and helpful often going out of their way to go the extra mile for you. The hotel bar was always hopping in the evening and was apparently a draw for non-hotel guests and locals in the area. We ate several times in the JG restaurant and felt the food was very good and competitively priced for the area (breakfast was not our favorite).
All in all it was a terrific place to relax, ski and convenient access to Park City and nearby resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, The St. Regis Deer Valley combines understated elegance with mountain ambiance. As the only resort in North America with a funicular and true slope side ski access, The St. Regis Deer Valley experience is incomparable. With its award-winning Jean-Georges' restaurant J&G Grill, a 14,000 square-foot spa, split-level infinity pool, ski valet service, and year-round family traditions and recreational activities, unique and memorable experiences are waiting at every turn. this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah