“Holy Wow. One of the BEST Hotel Experiences I have ever had...”

The St. Regis Deer Valley
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Holy Wow. One of the BEST Hotel Experiences I have ever had...”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

you hear it all the time..."I travel & stay at hotels all the time for work...." blah, blah, blah....Well, this truly was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had while traveling for work. Unbelieveable food, service, atmosphere, accomodations, attention to detail....on & on & on. I truly do not understand any experience on tripadvisor at this hotel that is less than perfect...unless the guest is absolutely expecting perfection from human beings. This hotel was darn close to perfection...if not there. They could have had an around the clock attendent in the room with me massaging me, giving me pedicures & manicures, and making perfectly round ice cubes for my water every 10 minutes....but other than that, I mean come on people...I don't know how you don't think this hotel is one of the best in the country. It was STUNNING. My every care and need and even unanticipated needs were attended to. It was actually over the top nice. I regret that I only got to stay there two nights..... I had food in the Bar upstairs on a Sunday night...AMAZING! I had a couple of blended non-alcoholic drinks (I don't drink)....AMAZING, I had breakfast buffet at the conference in the hotel I was attending....AMAZING fruits, pastries, drinks, etc. I had dinner at J&G Steakhouse....DIVINE...just as good as any other 5-star/5-diamond restaurant I have eaten at in Vegas, LA, New York, Dallas. The reception they had outside was amazing, with views that should & do cost millions of dollars to procure. The appetizers at the outdoor reception were to die for...shrimp, other things wrapped in bacon, just awesome. This place is like you are in a dream. That's the problem for me...I actually had to come down from the high of staying at this place and return to my reality....which is pretty nice too...but it's not the St Regis Deer Valley "nice". Well done St Regis Deer Valley. I'll be back for sure & will recommend this place to everyone that can afford it. Definitely pricey...but worth it if you have the money to spend. AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite with the bosch & wolf appliances in the kitchen. Two fireplaces. Two bathrooms a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ElMayimbe
StRegisDeerValley, General Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear ElMayimbe,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you were able to have such an enjoyable time while traveling on business. I am delighted you were able to take in the breath taking views and indulge in all of our different food and beverage options.

On behalf of everyone here at St. Regis Deer Valley, it was a pleasure to be your host for the two nights you were able to stay, and hope to see you again in the future.

Stan Kaminski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2012

All I can say is fantastic - from the service to the atmosphere....it is all top notch.

We've stayed at several different properties in the Park City area and this is by far the best. Once in a while they will have specials that make it a bit more affordable. Watch for those and give this place a try - you won't be sorry.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SambaJones
Arlington,Wa
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our visit to the St. Regis Hotel in Deer Valley was a high point in our long list of vacation experiences! What an amazing place to visit in the summertime....we can only guess what it is like when you strap the skis on in the "ski-valet" area and literally ski out of the hotel downhill to the lift and ride back up the hill so you can literally ski downhill back into the hotel! Made me want to wish for snow in August! :) What makes this hotel so special is the people that work so hard to make sure that every guest is treated like royalty. When you stay at a hotel that actually has superb butler service it is hard not to remember their names...the Head Butler Alex Mattinson actually worked for Queen of England in the Royal Household and actually has the pictures to prove it if you press him on it. He is not only a delightful gentleman but he is training other bulters like Chris and Tom to be as sharp as he is. It really is amazing on one side to have service like this.....but you kind of expect when you stay in a place of this caliber...and they don't disappoint!

I couldn't finish this review without a couple of observations: (1) every bite of food I consumed in the week tasted superb....there are no bad dishes at the St. Regis! I believe you could pick out food you don't like and it would taste fabulous here!, (2) In the early evening there is a great firepit that is set up to be the greatest "some-more" station in the world....a never ending supply of great marshmellows, Hershey chocolate and gram-crackers that bring you back to the days of your childhood, (3) The Champagne Sabering - every evening at sunset or so a fabulous event takes place.....a very knowledgable gentleman name Marcel stand on a rock surrounded by a garden of fire (literally....a garden of actual fire!) and recounts the history of champagne and how the French soldiers would open a bottle of champagne with a sharp Saber and explain how the pressure of the champagne being released blows away any glass shards to make it safe to drink....and then he actually does it in a magnificently swashbuckling manner that puts a smile on your face! My wife was present with the cork still in the neck of the bottle! What a kick!

Lastly, in this somewhat public forum, I want to thank a couple of the servers that made every meal taste better for the quality of service and the size of the smiles shared....Kylie, Hadley and Jeff were my favorites but I know any that I missed would have been right up there.

If you have a chance to visit this place in the summer, do it! Ride the chairlifts all over the mountains and if you are a lunatic mountain biker then 3 cheers, take your bike on the chairlift with you and I'll pray that you have life insurance for the ride down. I was happy to ride up and down all over the place and it was a perfect way to enjoy the scenary! And just so you know, there are plenty of great eateries in Deer Valley and Park City that serve great food also....but if you feel like treating yourself to a Royal Weekend or Week, you'll get smart and check into the St. Regis and let Alex and his crew treat you like the King or Queen that you know you are!

Wendell

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank britecrawl
StRegisDeerValley, General Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear britecrawl,

What a pleasure it was to read about your extraordinary experience here at St. Regis Deer Valley. Thank you for taking the time to reflect on the highlights of your trip! I am glad you were able to experience many of our St. Regis traditions. Especially the sabering of which John Jacob Astor started and is done at St. Regis' around the world celebrating the transition from day to night!

We hope to see you again when the snow has fallen and you are able to take in the luxury of our ski in ski out property and our hot chocolate apres ski bar!

El Segundo, California
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here last month for a wedding I attended in Park City.

I have visited the St. Regis many times before, since it opened a couple of years ago, but mostly to dine at the restaurants or just go have a drink after skiing.

The thing I loved most about the property was that the bathroom mirror had a TV in it. I know it's a geeky, odd thing to be impressed by, but I loved it and I want one in my bathroom at home now.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, but the view is amazing, where ever you are stationed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stacy M
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Where's the hotel? this might be the first question in your mind when you pull up, but no worries! After your car is whisked away by the valet, you're on your way up the finiculaire (outdoor enclosed elevator). As it curves upwards, you'll see the slopes and the great property you'll be staying in.

Must-do's- Spa treatment- take your pick- I had a man facial- yeah- don't laugh. it was great. Breakfast at JG Grill- the french toast is excellent. Sunset by the fire. The Wine Bar (?). Great choices on a multitude of excellent wines. Prepare to be awed by the service.

A quick shuttle into town is very helpful as well!

Mini-tip- coffee isn't easy to come by in the early AM- consider bringing some VIA and making your own if you're an addict like me.

We only stayed 3 nights. My wife wants to go back soon.

Room Tip: This is a luxury property so if you want a really good room with a really good view during high seas...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kitalexi
Dear Kitalexi,

Thank you for your kind words about your experience here at St. Regis Deer Valley. I am delighted to hear you were able to spend some time in each area of the resort from the funicular to the spa!

Kitalexi, we are greatfull you chose our resort for your getaway and hope to see you again soon.

Salt Lake City
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We spent the weekend at the St. Regis Deer Valley and it was awesome! Saturday night we went to the outdoor concert and the Chef de Cuisine prepared us an incredible picnic basket. It was everything from appetizers to great desserts. Sunday we enjoyed the outdoor pig roast with all the fixings! The service was phenomenal, the setting was gorgeous and again the food was amazing!! We left the next morning after truly healthy breakfast. We can't say enough about this wonderful experience!

Room Tip: ask for an Astor suite with a balcony facing the pool side of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a luxurious hotel high on a mountain. The views are breath taking and our room is huge like an apartment . One could easily not go home. The staff are fantastic they cant do enough for you.very clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
The Chateaux Deer Valley
The Chateaux Deer Valley
#6 of 60 in Park City
Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection

Been to The St. Regis Deer Valley? Share your experiences!