Just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel. Booked a Grand Deluxe level room and requested a balcony. Upon check-in were told that all the balcony rooms were taken. We received a room with a juliette balcony. The room was nice, but the view seemed pretty ordinary. It was a 5th floor with a view of the mountain. Not sure it was worth the premium above a standard room.
Overall we had a very nice stay, but it wasn't 5-Star service. What makes a hotel really special is flawless execution. This is where the St. Regis Deer Valley fell short.
No coffee maker in the room. The book of services in the room indicated coffee/tea was available in the lobby until 10:00 every morning. Went down several mornings at 9:30 or 9:45 only to find the coffee/tea gone. Or if not gone, the sterno flame underneath had gone out and the coffee luke warm. One morning all the cups were gone. After the 3rd time called to address our concern. Was told room service would bring tea to our room. One hour later and it never arrived so we left without it.
At check-in we were asked what newspaper we wanted to receive. We requested the WSJ. Every day received a different newspaper and some days didn't receive one. Why bother asking if you can't deliver?
Turn down service at night was spotty. Some nights they assumed one person was in the room and only one side of the bed prepped. Other nights, both sides prepped. I know, these are small things.... but we began to expect mediocre service mid-way through the trip.
Had lunch at J&G one day. Food was ok, but dessert was very good. $75 for lunch for two (no alcohol) seemed a little high, even for a resort.
Overall we had a very nice stay, just some details that need to be worked out. We really appreciated having the car service available to drive us to Main Street. Loved being able to ride the funicular down to the base and take the chair lift mountain biking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, The St. Regis Deer Valley combines understated elegance with mountain ambiance. As the only resort in North America with a funicular and true slope side ski access, The St. Regis Deer Valley experience is incomparable. With its award-winning Jean-Georges' restaurant J&G Grill, a 14,000 square-foot spa, split-level infinity pool, ski valet service, and year-round family traditions and recreational activities, unique and memorable experiences are waiting at every turn. this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah