“Understaffed and stressed out - and that's just for breakfast.”
Review of Powder

Powder
Reserve with OpenTable
Powder is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Enjoy a modern mountain menu driven by the seasons and inspired by the finest local ingredients at Powder, our on-property restaurant. Treat yourself to a mouthwatering seasonal menu inspired by the finest local ingredients at the ideal place to gather for aprés ski beverages with unique fresh and flavorful menu offerings for the entire family. Here, technique and imagination are balanced with fresh cuisine and the heartiness of the mountains to create an exceptional, flavor-focused dining experience. Powder offers indoor private dining as well as seasonal outdoor dining overlooking the pool and courtyard. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed with casual dining and spirits.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Understaffed and stressed out - and that's just for breakfast.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't care less about the service while staying at a Hampton Inn the night before (it was fine btw). However, expected same or better from Waldorf Astoria. Stopped at Slopes for breakfast. Staff was terribly short handed. As a result, service was slow and staff's anxiety was on display. Look, I'm on vacation. I don't want to hear and see huffing and puffing about grumpily on a Saturday morning, forcing me into an hour long breakfast. Avoid this place. Hotel isn't bad, otherwise.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank tolimits

salt lake city
“Faburlous breakfast!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Truly delicious and gourmet breakfast. Yes, breakfast. That's a hard one to call gourmet but it really was. Don't miss the smoked trout eggs benedict. I'm still craving them.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank olgabs
Houston, Texas
“Very Nice”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Well...finding this hotel was sort of tricky for us. It's tucked in a residential area (at least that's how the GPS got us there) but it sure is lovely once you get there. Wasn't crowded. Actually it was eerily quiet. Didn't actually strike me as a hotel at all. More like a real estate office?? There were a few desks (granted lovely desks), couches, fire place. Nobody to greet us on the inside (at least upon our arrival). After looking around for a minute, we realized the only restaurant was Slopes. Thought there might be another less fancy maybe patio type bistro- but no. Slopes has a lovely looking atmosphere- again- it was eerily empty. We sat at the bar by ourselves. Bar tender was very attentive (mostly because there was no one else there?????) Its a small bar but nice. Couple of tvs. Lunch menu is limited. Would have liked a bit more variety on the salad selection for sure. The ones they had all had fruit or something sweet on them (not really my taste) and I was surprised that the Cesar salad was not offered on the menu with any protein. I asked if I could add a chicken breast and the bartender said, "of course for an added $12." Well, the salad itself was I believe $18 already sooooo I just couldn't justify it. At any rate, the bbq sliders were tasty and the wine list is top notch (and therefore top $). All in all it was nice but not exactly my type of experience. Wasn't warm like I enjoy in a mountain, ski atmosphere. And I'm not talking temperature-

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ANN S
The Woodlands, Texas
“Yummy food and wine. Love the Butternut Ravioli!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Yummy food and wine. Love the Butternut Ravioli! The restaurant was a little too warm. Ask to be seated away from the fireplace.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank aggiemom4boys
Coralville, Iowa
“Excellent food with enthusiastic service”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The restaurant is just off the (rather noisy) lounge of the Waldorf Astoria hotel. Cocktails at the nicely decorated lounge were excellent (the small Manhattan was probably the best I have had). Unfortunately the restaurant doesn't have a lot of atmosphere - just a rectangular room with white walls, and the lighting over our table was way too intense. Service was enthusiastic but a touch amateur. A lot of nervousness and anxiety. One girl seemed to be handling multiple tables with about 4 other people wandering around filling glasses and bringing food. Food was excellent. I'd strongly recommend the steelhead trout tartare (almost a ceviche) - flavorful and a moderate sized portion. The buffalo Osso bucco special was superb but exceedingly expensive at $44 (my fault for not asking but I didn't expect a special to be $14 more than the average entree price). Overall pretty good but not as good as I was helping for.

• Visited March 2013