“Sets the bar quite high”
Review of Riverhorse on Main

Riverhorse on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Riverhorse on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 293 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Directly adjacent to the transit center
Description: Riverhorse on Main offers award-winning cuisine in Park City's most spectacular setting. The restaurant has been a DiRoNA award recipient since 1995 and is the only restaurant in Utah to receive the Mobile Travel Four Star Award. No wheelchair access available.
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

The food prepared in Riverhorse is made with passion and cooked with love. We had a very large party and the food was served at the right time and at the right temperature and the place was completely full. I was surprised with the quality of ingredients used and the bold flavors. A must visit.

Date of visit: January 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Great food. Service was wonderful. Would definitely recommend it to friends. We had a large group of 6 so we made reservations ahead of time. The oysters were awesome! Still thinking about the cheese grits.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

We were very excited to visit Riverhorse as our "fancy" dinner while staying in Park City. We were overall disappointed. First, let me say that we knew our dinner would be expensive but at >100 per person (and that includes some not getting entrees and drinks) we would expect a little better. The service was wonderful. Overall, the food is heavy, old fashioned, and unimaginative. Wines by the glass were a selection from my local grocery. My wine glass was dirty. My husband had a gnat in his cocktail. The steak was overcooked and comes with a big gray block of potatoes (which actually did taste good). The bread was cold and soggy. I noticed most of the clientele was older so I'm wondering if this food appealed more to that set?

Reviewed August 23, 2017

I ate here by myself as my sweetie got altitude sickness and couldn't join me for dinner. This place tries really hard to impress, which I guess it does for Park City, but it is not one of the elite restaurants in the USA as they say they are. Cheap furniture and cutlery does not make for a good steakhouse. The waiting area seemed to me to be a former coat storage area that they got rid of and put in some cheap sofas and chairs so that people can hang out while the staff try and get their table ready as they are running behind.

I was seated in a nice table near the window so that I could see out onto Main Street. I ordered a martini, which was okay and then a bottle of wine to go with my starter of scallops, followed by the crispy provencal frog legs and then of course, had the 20oz bone in rib eye steak with onion rings. The scallops were okay but they are not nearly as good as I normally get in San Francisco or NYC. The frogs legs were a bit dry but they were tasty. You need to have an adventerous palate to try them, but if you don't try then you cannot make up your own mind. The steak was cooked properly but it tasted average at best, I ate it as I was pretty hungry, however, I would probably order another main course next time instead.

The wine list is out of control here, the price gouging is insane. The average cabarnet sauvignon is priced $100 over the retail price and you know that they didn't pay retail for the wine either. There are only 6 bottles on the list that are under $100 in the cabernet sauvignon section, this is a very bad wine list and they need to get a new sommelier or beverage specialist in order to correct that. I spent close to $300 by myself and this wasn't an expensive dinner for me. But for the average person, making them spend over $100 for a bottle of wine at a restaurant is shameful. Then there is the champagne selection which is amongst the worst priced I have ever seen. I can get a bottle of Krug at the Plaza hotel in NYC for $200 less than they are selling it for here. How can the Krug be more expensive here than at the St Regis Deer Valley in a Jean-Georges restaurant??? That is absolutely insane!!! The Veuve Cliquot Yellow Label is a $100 mark up at minimum. Do the owners think that they are in NYC, Miami, San Franscisco, where the build out for the restaurant was $5 million +? I have the answer for you, they think they are, but in reality they are not. Be very careful about the wine list here, I would go elsewhere for my wine until they change their practices.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful space and lovely service. My biggest complaint is the prices here are NYC level and that is uncalled for in PC. You can have just as nice a meal at quite a few other spots on Main St without the crazy bill.