“Okay, but nothing spectacular”
Review of Riverhorse on Main

Riverhorse on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Riverhorse on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Directly adjacent to the transit center
Louisiana
“Okay, but nothing spectacular”
Reviewed December 7, 2008

The ambiance of the restaurant is nice and the waitstaff was very attentive. However, the food was just mediocre. We are true foodies from New Orleans and expected great things after reading the reviews, but were very disappointed. We started with the Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, at the suggestion of the waitress and the vegan squash soup, which were both good. Because we were in the mood for red meat, our waitress recommended the Bone-in Ribeye. What a mistake in ordering! We ordered it medium rare and it did have a warm pink center. However, the outside of the steak was so charred, that it was all we could taste. It totally ruined our appetite. Unforturnately, it was only served on a bed of leeks and onions, so we were not able to cleanse our palates. As a tip for anyone not from Utah, the government will not allow restaurants to pour more than 1.5 ounces of hard alcohol, so mixed drinks are very tiny. Stick with wine (of which Riverhorse has a nice selection).

Park City, UT
“Another Fabulous Dinner at 'the Horse'”
Reviewed October 30, 2008

I've probably dined here 10 times in the last 6 years but this is the first restaurant review that I have posted. I am fortunate to live just 1 block from all (over 40) the Park City Main Street restaurants and the Riverhorse always makes my top 3 list.

Last week, my husband and I escaped for a special dinner before our new baby arrives. Leah was our server (I've had her before too) and she was fabulous - not the 'talky' type of server, but super professional. We enjoyed the tower of appetizers which was a 3-tiered presentation with 3 different appetizers on each level -- delicious peanut sauce on the chicken satay, goat cheese wontons were perfectly crisp and the smoked salmon potato pancake was a winner as well.

I had the glazed Sea Bass on coconut milk vermicelli and I was in absolute heaven! My husband had the filet mignon and grilled lobster tail. He enjoyed it thoroughly as well.

The restaurant was experiencing a fairly slow night when we were there but ironically I saw 4 other locals in there also enjoying their favorite spot.

The Riverhorse is one of the top priced restaurants in town but I believe it's worth it because of their service, professionalism and delicious creations.

By the way, are you dining there in the summer? I would vote their deck the best deck on Main St.

“Fantastic 4 Star Mobile Restaurant”
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Had an excellent dinner here. Macadamia Encrusted Halibut was fantastic. Good wait staff and great summertime patio.

1 Thank Jrutsch
Falls Church, Virginia
“Overrated and overpriced”
Reviewed March 10, 2008

The positives to this restaurant are that the room is upscale, warm, well furnished and well appointed. Our server (Larry) was truly excellent. We felt that the quality of the food fell short. My dining companion felt that the quality of the New York Strip steak she ordered was too tough and not worhty of the price. My trout was good but not stellar. The restaurant is ok, but just did not WOW us. I probably would not eat there again.

1 Thank chrisd