“Great Park City Staple”
Review of Riverhorse on Main

Riverhorse on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Riverhorse on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 276 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Directly adjacent to the transit center
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Riverhorse takes American cuisine up a notch with perfectly seasoned dishes and an extension wine list to pair with them, all in a beautiful setting. The macadamia-crusted halibut is one of the best halibut dishes I've ever had. A full restaurant review, including photos of each dish, is on my blog (link on my profile).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Riverhorse was highly recommended to us by several sources and we took a group of 8 there for an early dinner. Early on the restaurant wasn't crowded and our waiter, Michael, was great. He had the right mix of knowledge and wit to make it fun. The service was quick (but it was early and we were practically alone). The food was excellent. Every dish starting with the appetizers was prepared just right. The Main courses were also done well except for the child's filet mignon which had the consistency of shoe leather. The Halibut, The Pork Shoulder, The Trio of Game were all spot on. And the desserts were just fine if not special.
Even with a couple of 2 for 1 coupons the prices were high. As the night got a little later and the restaurant filled up, it got very loud making friendly chatter virtually impossible. The house tacked on a mandatory 20% tip based on the price before the coupons were applied. I certainlu understand why they do that and I probably would have tipped more (and did) fr the excellent service but I think it is a little presumptuous and over the top.
All in all it was a great experience but it is not as high class as the prices suggest.

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had dinner last weekend while travelling in Park City. Great location, service and food. Definitely try the elk while you are there! Absolutely outstanding.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This has to be one of the best steak restaurants I've eaten in Utah. I would highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed. I love steak and I am very picky with what places I go to.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I took a large group of 17 people to the Riverhorse on Main was not disappointed. Drinks on the balcony overlooking downtown Park City was a great way to start the evening. All the food was delivered to our large party timely and hot. The two stars of the show were the Utah Red Trout with everyone raving about the Forbidden Rice, and the Macadamian Crusted Halibut that is the house special for a reason. No one went away hungry and everyone enjoyed a great meal with live music in the background.

I will be back to the Riverhorse on Main the next time I visit...