“TOP NOTCH SKI RESORT”

and up
Park City Tour
Ranked #1 of 95 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Deer Valley Resort is a skiers only resort located in the historic mining town of Park City, Utah. Rated the number #1 ski resort in North America for an remarkable FIVE years running by the readers of SKI Magazine, we never stop striving to better our guests' experience. We offer complete vacation experiences from planning and vacation rental services through our Lodging & Reservations department to ski school, on mountain dining and summer concerts and chairlift activities.
usa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“TOP NOTCH SKI RESORT”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Very courteous and friendly staff. Good lift line organizing and expediency. Of course NO snow boarders. Only disappointment was that it was windy and they closed a lot of the lifts and the gondola even after the wind died down. I missed Mitt Romney on the chairlift that day.

London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing Ski Area”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Wonderful ski area with plenty of easy/intermediate runs, not crowded the added benefit of NO SNOWBOARDERS!

Visited December 2013
Genoa, Nevada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Sprawling, and designed to sell on-slope real estate”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Deer Valley is a great place to eat and own real estate, and a middlin place to ski. I have been skiing 48 years ( wow, seems like a lot!) and have skied most of the major US resorts, as well as many small local areas, so I have some comparisons available.
DV is spread across 4 summits with a plethora of short and long lifts to provide access. The layout is clearly aimed at maximizing the number of housing lots that can be placed directly on the slopes for ski on location. This is understandable, because the big money for investors in ski areas resides in selling adjacent real estate. I have no problem with investors doing that, but it does impact the layout of the ski area, in this case, negatively.
I enjoyed the many slopes and the high speed lifts. The grooming was good and the employees were very polite and accommodating. I was very surprised that ski instructors and patrollers generally did not wear helmets. The lift lines were reasonable, though longer than the ones at Park City that week. Some of the blue slopes were much steeper than other areas (except Sun Valley and Snobird) which is not a negative, because those ratings are relative to,each mountain. The panini I had for lunch at the Empire lodge was excellent and far superior to the normal ski area fare.
DV does not allow snowboarders, but my impression was that of a large number of racer-wanna-bes skiing extremely fast amongst intermediate runs. All areas have these types, but there just seemed to be more, and I never saw any patrollers or mountain hosts posted to help direct them to more appropriate terrain. I was very glad I had a helmet on!
DV is place to experience. Most dedicated skiers enjoy trying new places. I still have not skied Big Sky or Whistler, and, like DV, they are on my list. Every day on any mountain is different due to weather, snow, crowds and other factors. I like DV, but prefer the skiing and layout at Park City. Give it a try and decide for yourself.

1 Thank DrKeithEvan
Denver
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“better than driving to Vail from Denver with great skiing and awesome food”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We are used to crowded Colorado resorts and this was a breath of fresh air. It took less time to fly here and drive then to drive to Vail from Denver with all the week-end traffic.
The run are long, lots of lift and run choices, groomed runs, lots of snow, friendly staff, and the food they serve everywhere along the mountain is top notch.

Visited April 2014
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“World Class!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Wow! Took my wife and two daughters (6, 9) to Deer Valley and it was exceptional. I was most struck by the service of each employee, from person that helps unload your car when you arrive to the lift operator that would help my kids on the chair lift -- each went out of their way to genuinely make sure we were having a great time. Genuine, authentic care. The kids learned to ski there too and instructor "Khaki" was all I would have hoped to teach my girls to ski.

I have been to Vail, Copper, Breck, Winter Park, Park City, and I don;t remember service like this outside of a Ritz or Four Seasons. Yes, it is more expensive to ski here but there is a premium for incredible memories.

Also a 35 minute drive to the SLC airport is a major advantage too. I highly recommend the experience at Deer Valley.