“One of our favorite ski resorts”
Review of Deer Valley Resort

Deer Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 97 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Deer Valley Resort is a skiers only resort located in the historic mining town of Park City, Utah. Rated the number #1 ski resort in North America for an remarkable FIVE years running by the readers of SKI Magazine, we never stop striving to better our guests' experience. We offer complete vacation experiences from planning and vacation rental services through our Lodging & Reservations department to ski school, on mountain dining and summer concerts and chairlift activities.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Just spent 8 days at Deer Valley skiing and had a great time. There are a great variety of green and blue runs which are well groomed and well signed. There were no snow boarders and the resort was not crowded the time we were there.
The ski instructors are the best we've had comparing to where we'd been before (Cardrona in New Zealand, Niseiko in Japan, Alpensia in Korea and Les Arcs in France). The kids really enjoyed skiing with Royce Parsons and Dan Popescu. Both of them were excellent at improving my boys's skiing technique and at the same time, letting them having lots of fun. As for adults, we had Eric Christiansen as our instructor. He is a very experienced instructor and was very spot on on what I needed to do to improve my skiing. On our first day skiing, we had Letitia to take our family of four to ski. She looked after us like her family, making sure we were warm and had our gears on properly.
The staff at the lifts were all very friendly and helpful.
The staff at the complementary ski locker service were all great too!
The only NEGATIVE experience was with the ski school booking office. On one occasion, they didn't inform me that I can extend our half day lesson to a full day by paying the difference of the full day lesson and the half day lesson( $290). Instead, they charged me for half day afternoon lesson of $500.
The second occasion was I tried to book a full day private lesson with either one of the two instructors we requested a day before, I was only told they couldn't find any instructor to teach us for our level of skiiing (which is intermediate) out of their 540 ski instructors when I turned up at the ski school office the next day!!! The ski school booking staff should have contacted me if they had trouble with our booking, especially I left my contact details and even my room number with them!
Hope the ski school booking office will improve their service so skiing at Deer Valley will be a perfect skiing holiday for us when we return in the future!
Tips: Don't forget to ask for complementary Dartfish video when you book a full day of private lesson. The instructor needs to book a time slot with the video staff in advance. The ski instructor will take you to the run called "Success" where the video staff will film you skiing down a small section of the run and the instructor will view the video with you in the video shack and show you how to improve your skiing. You also get to keep a CD of the footage and a photo. Great keepsake too!

1  Thank traveltann
DV_emarketing, Manager at Deer Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Deer valley Resort Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you positive and constructive comments regarding Ski School during you most recent visit to Deer Valley. We will be sure to speak to the instructors you mentioned -- Dan, Royce, Letitia and Eric -- and share your thoughts and kind words.

In reference to your comments, we are sorry you were misinformed about the additional charge between a half-day morning and a full-day lesson. When the lessons were changed and actually paid for, one the difference was charged. This is our normal policy if a guest is making such an adjustment. We apologize if that information was not relayed correctly.

We also appreciate your willingness to work within our structure of booking and changing lessons, especially during such a busy time period when we often reach capacity months in advance. We again apologize that this process did not always meet your expectations.

Please feel free to contact us in person to review the procedures and timing for future reservations so we can assist in making your next trip problem-free.

Warm regards,
Mary Bernasconi, Skier Services Sr. Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,096)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

A great range of runs offering options from Green (Easy) through to Double black diamond (expert). Utah Champagne powder which is well groomed and helpful friendly mountain staff put this resort in a class of its own!

This was our second visit and I truly believe even more enjoyable than our first visit. Lady Morgan has a great double diamond tree skiing bowl (Centennial). If you love skiing you owe it to yourself to ski here.

Lift passes give access to Deer Valley, Park City and the Canyons.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The ski runs at this resort are very attractive to Intermediate Blue skiers. Every peak of which there are 6 has green runs from the top except for Empire, the highest peak which only has blue and black runs. My favourite blue runs are off Flagstaff Mountain : Lost Boulder and Bluebell. Favourite double blue runs are : Orion and Jordanelle.

There is a complimentary ski locker and the staff who looks after this place deserves a gold medal. They are so patient with skiers returning their skis. I lost my tag on day one which was a very annoying thing because I couldn't remember the number either. Fortunately somebody found the tag for me and the staff at the locket gave me an easy number to remember thereafter.

Our ski instructors are very good. We skied with Eric Christiansen and Royce Parsons for 6 days and they were very patient with the adults and children. Royce is a wonderful photographer and took many pictures of our children.

It was a very good ski trip. We came as a corporate group of 40 adults and children.

1  Thank WaspVan
Reviewed January 10, 2014

How can you beat Deer Valley? The food is expensive and worth every penny! Turkey chili, chicken pot pie, fabulous buffet, and really helpful, friendly staff everywhere. And lotion in the ladies room!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

DEER VALLEY
Deer valley is a wonderful ski resort where there is good food, cheap house rentals, fancy hotels, modern technology and good location. I stayed there two weeks and loved the runs there are blacks,blues,greens and much more.
It has really good service and has numerous lodges, so you can do the lift ticket paying and discounts. The resort has numerous runs groomed and not groomed my favorite is Lost boulder. On every lift there is a list of the groomed runs on that side of the mountain and a lot of signs so you know where to go. The lifts are very organized and have lift people to please you, so the lift can slow down and speed up if you want to.
Ski school employes are really friendly and know the mountain like the palm of their hand. Lift tickets are expensive but it is worth it there are also season passes and each pass has 5 buddys so you can buy lift tickets at a discount. The best two ski stores in town are Jan's and cole sports. Ski rentals are available at snow park lodge, but sometimes it is cheaper to buy them at Jan's.
There are fancy lodges, cheap rentals, Ski in Ski out condos. The fanciest lodge at deer valley is Stien Eriksen lodge which is Ski in Ski out and has a restaurant. Another fun hotel is the Montage it has a bowling alley and video Game Center and makes fresh apple cider for free. The st.Regis has a funicular and has the best truffle pizza ever. If you want a cheap option rent a house at Heber city and to get to snow park ride the Jordanelle gondola. ride deer hollow and then little stick to get to snow park. Almost all condos and clubs are ski in ski out. Flagstaff has tv hot tubs and clean rooms. For an even more close area to snowpark go to black diamond lodge with TV and hot tubs too. There are lodges to eat all around the place, the best chocolate chip cookie ever is in empire lodge which at night has the fireside dining that has really good fondue. The montage and st.Regis are good options too