“Deer Valley for Skiing”
Review of Deer Valley Resort

Deer Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 96 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Deer Valley Resort is a skiers only resort located in the historic mining town of Park City, Utah. Rated the number #1 ski resort in North America for an remarkable FIVE years running by the readers of SKI Magazine, we never stop striving to better our guests' experience. We offer complete vacation experiences from planning and vacation rental services through our Lodging & Reservations department to ski school, on mountain dining and summer concerts and chairlift activities.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My family spent 2 days skiing Deere Valley. We went there for two reasons. First, there had not been any new snow, so we wanted good grooming (we were not disappointed). Second, it is a great mountain for intermediate skiers (ie. there is always an easy way down the mountain).
My daughter was in ski school for one day. She had fun, but the instructor was not helpful in giving feedback to us at the end of the day. She had been in Canyons ski school where they were better at giving us feedback at the end of the day. Also, I had been led to believe that Deer Valley was the pinnacle of luxury skiing. Not that I needed it, but I thought there would be an army of workers in green jackets waiting to take my skis when I skied in or when I arrived. That was not the case. Also, ski school is much more expensive at DV than other places we have skied.
Overall, a great place to ski, but similar to other resorts in terms of service.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,034)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great skiing and snow making. Pricey. Great service. No lift lines. Valets unloaded your car for you.

1  Thank MILITARYTRAVELER37
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrive we are treated like superstars! A greeter helps unload skiis and everyone has a smile and a genuine good morning! Best place to ski on earth!! And the food on the mountain is fantastic wherever you stop the menu is delicious and the staff is friendly and helpful. Also no snowboarders to tear up the slopes!
I love deer valley!!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Deer Valley has great ski runs...personally designed by Stein Erikson . The slopeside homes are beautifully nestled next to the runs..even at the top...and beautifully designed. Things cost a little more , which in my opinion is justified by the experience...Check out the Unique Stein Erikson Lodge at the end of the day....very attractively designed and luxurious ..and a little pricey .

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I started skiing Deer Valley about 5 years ago when I was having a difficult time getting my kids to enjoy skiing. (Part of the reason was my frustration trying to teach them.) At any rate, you can get first-class service without paying more than Canyons or Park City, and everything is just perfect. Some like the snow of Little Cottonwood, but new snow in those resorts gets tracked out in a couple of hours, and that's if you can make it up the canyon. The groomers are long and wide and great corduroy.

1  Thank Eric R