“wonderful”
Review of Deer Valley Resort

Deer Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 96 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Deer Valley Resort is a skiers only resort located in the historic mining town of Park City, Utah. Rated the number #1 ski resort in North America for an remarkable FIVE years running by the readers of SKI Magazine, we never stop striving to better our guests' experience. We offer complete vacation experiences from planning and vacation rental services through our Lodging & Reservations department to ski school, on mountain dining and summer concerts and chairlift activities.
Reviewed February 17, 2012

great grooming wonderful bowls no snowboarders everything I like in a ski resort

Reviewed February 16, 2012

This resort is skiers only. Mostly caters to the upscale and local crowd, but very nice facilities. I found the staff to be 50/50 on friendliness, most were willing to help, some were just plain snotty. Get there early for the best parking spots, and you can buy lift tickets and rentals in the same place instead of waiting on separate lines in the cold.

Rentals were the most expensive I've ever paid $60 a person for mid-range equipment so I recommend doing your researching and renting from a different shop. Lift Tickets for the day are $96-- average rate for Park City.

Slopes were mostly groomed powder. I would not recommend this site for beginner skiers, some of the easier trails were still a little challenging even for us (Well versed Intermediate skiers). I HIGHLY recommend taking the Homeward Bound Trail from the summit of Bald Mt, this is a Green Circle Easier trail but it has some of the most scenic relaxing skiing ever. Highly recommend for all ages and levels, very easy ride. SharpShooter Photographers are at the top to get your picture.

Food was great, I'm not sure who/why you would eat Filet Mignon on the slopes during a midday ski session, but if you want it they have it. Turkey and Brie sandwich was awesome.

1  Thank MafiaChica
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Skiing Deer Valley was wonderful! It was especially nice not to have to watch out for snowboarders!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I visited Deer Valley after only skiing one day in my whole life. I was very intimidated by the first resort I went to, but I was really comfortable at Deer Valley. They had a great (but short) beginner hill to practice on with a super easy lift and friendly staff that helped you get on. I just practiced myself, but observed several ski lessons and thought all of the instructors seemed very personable, professional and attentive. I wish there was another easy trail that served as a better segue to the real green trails, but otherwise a fantastic experience with terrain for all levels. It was nice to not have to deal with snowboarders sitting in the middle of runs, and the level of service is really what sets this place apart.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

We skied Deer Valley and it really is the best. I am a total novice who had to rent everything and take a lesson. Both of which were quite easy, fun and affordable. I am on the path back to following my friends on the slopes.

1  Thank Jeffrey F