Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Summit Hotel(Park City)
Silverado Lodge(Park City)
Miners Club(Park City)
View Hotel
All reviewsred pinefront deskplunge poolski loungegrand summitfull kitchenski valetmain gondolahot tuborange bubblevail resortsstarbucks coffeeskis and bootsdaily housekeepingwasher dryerthird floortwo bedroom condo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2005

I skied at The Canyons in February for three days and enjoyed every minute on the mountain, but the one bedroom suite at SunDial was just okay. The bed was quite uncomfortable and the pillows were like rocks. My friend slept on the sleeper sofa and it was surprisingly more bearable than the king size bed. The heating unit made a tremendous amount of noise. We ended up calling maintenance late into the night so they could adjust it just so we could sleep.
The gas fireplace was on one of those twist-timers, so in order to enjoy the fire you had to listen to a ticking noise.
There are two outdoor jacuzzi tubs and, for some reason, they decided to treat one of them (two days in a row) just when everyone was ending up the ski day and ready to take a soak. I heard a lot of grumbling about that as the hot tubs got quite crowded when one always seemed to be out of commission.
The staff was very helpful and the decor is fine. Comfort just seems to be on the average side. I would not stay there again simply because I like to sleep at night but if you are the type who can sleep on a hard bed, I think it's a decent value for the money. And, the skiing is great!

• Stayed: February 2005
9  Thank quelvie
New York
Reviewed January 24, 2005

I stayed at the Sundial Lodge during the Sundance Film Festival. We stayed in a Studio unit. The room was fantastic. It had a fireplace and a balcony. We needed extra blankets, pillows and towels and the service was quick. Our tv wasn't working but they sent over an electrician in five minutes. The service is excellent at the Sundial. I recommend everyone to stay there. The only thing I would change - they should provide a shuttle to get to and from the main street in Park City. The bus took more time than we thought.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed October 21, 2004

Although I saw a lot of bad reviews for this hotel, I didn't have a choice because the conference was booked here. Whatever was wrong before with the service, they have fixed it!

We stayed 2 nights for a conference, and the staff was excellent. Scott the Front Desk clerk was very friendly and hospitable. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, although there were a few minor maintenance discrepancies.

I would happily stay here again

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed February 21, 2004

We spent five days here in a Studio condo. The unit and the service offered were excellent. We arrived early and our unit was not ready yet. However, the front desk person checked us in anyway and gave us a key for the underground garage. Then she gave us a great recommendation for lunch in Park City. When we returned from lunch our unit was ready for us. The Studio unit was good sized and had a washer/dryer, full kitchen, fireplace, and it was nicely decorated. We couldn't find the linens for the sofa bed so we informed the front desk prior to going out for dinner. When we returned the sofa bed was made into a bed and we recieved a phone call from the front desk to make sure the bed linens had arrived. We then asked for another blanket and it was delivered to our room within 5 minutes. Everything at this resort was perfect and we didn't have any problems.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
chicago, il
Reviewed December 14, 2003

I spend the greatest week at the sundial.everybody was super nice and helpfull. the front desk crew was amazing all of them, specially the guy in the morning.I want to come back this winter with my family, I really loved this place.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member