I booked this condohotel using a discounted app on my phone. I accidentally booked one night when I intended to book two nights. After booking, I visited the front desk and told them of my dilemma. Brian from the front desk was amazingly helpful and booked me a second night and honored the same discounted rate. When checking in, Suzie actually upgraded me from a studio to a one-bedroom suite. She and Brian were so helpful in making our stay comfortable and convenient - these two employees should definitely get a helpfulness award!
In terms of location, while it is very close to the Red Pine Gondola, this condo is technically not a ski-in ski-out. Because of the layout and geography of the property, you cannot ski from the slopes to the hotel because of a ridge that separates the runs from the hotel. This was a bummer for me, but again, the gondola is steps from the hotel.
The condo itself was satisfactory. Nothing special, and the appliances could have used an upgrade. If I had paid full price for this one bedroom suite ($899+), I would have been very disappointed. For the price I paid, it was an amazing value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views. This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Village Park City, Utah