We went to the Sundial for a few relaxing days to celebrate my husband's birthday. The room was nice, plush, romantic, and cozy. We had a simple room with a little kitchen nook. Not a fireplace or a suite, but it was so comfortable. Great big jacuzzi tub.
Fun to be able to look out on the forum. There was a healthy storm while we were there. Staff was right on top of it to clear the walkways. Mostly we just relaxed. The staff is just getting ready for the season. So during the day you can see them unpacking the boxes of new ski apparel and such.
Over at the Grand Summit, is a little startbucks, and a little convenience store for snacks and forgotten toiletries. Fun to do a loop over there. The lobby of that lodge is where the TODAY show was broadcast during the 2002 Olympics. On the second level, there are about 20 photos with captions, referencing the history of the resort. From mining town to 80's garb through present day.
The resport has been recently leased by the Vail corporation. And they are curenlty going thorugha vew growing pains with the transition. Learning the new software, etc... But that is something that will iron itself out with a little time and mileage. Nothing the merits more elaboration. But that is reason I did not give them a perfect score. We did have a problem, which we resport to management an they were sincerly concerned. Took care of the issue in a timely manner. Things happen. And they repsonded well.
I feel it is worth paying a little extra and staying right on the property. Especially when the weather is snowy. Much better just to be on site. And stay safe and cozy !!
This was a pre-season trip. We have already scheduled the Sundail for the ski season !! And can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views. This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Village Park City, Utah