I enjoyed my stay. It's not in the same class as St. Regis or the Waldorf-Astoria, so I'm not sure what people are expecting. If you want more, pay for it. Overall, this was a very great place. We had a two-bedroom suite.
Clean rooms, comfortable sleeping conditions, convenient location, attentive staff, underground covered parking, nice kitchen. My only issues with our kitchen were the little storage space for non-perishable groceries (the cupboards were near capacity with pots/pans/kitchen utensils/ etc). The other issue was that more than two people can't be in the kitchen or it gets crowded.
The bedrooms were great, with very comfortable pillows and beds. The couch even folded out for an additional third bed. One bad set up was with the TV, which was recessed into the wall with cupboard doors blocking the side view. You pretty much had to be at the table for a straight on view of the TV screen. The view was blocked if you were on the couch, except for one end. But we weren't there to watch TV, so not a big deal, but might be more of a pain if you were there in the winter with shorter daylight hours and wanted to watch a movie on the couch.
I had a great experience with the overall service and found it to be excellent. No problems at all. Our housekeeping was fantastic. I asked them for two towels and within a couple of minutes there was a knock at the door. Surprised me. Check in and out was easy.
We had a great time taking the gondola up to Red Pine. There were several mountain bikers that were fun to watch. We hiked up to the lake, to take my 4-year-old niece on a paddle boat and were glad we followed the staff's recommendation to bring water.
The view from our room was excellent, especially in the morning with the soft light shining on the mountains above. The location is about four miles or so to Main Street, which is fine. But there are several dining and activity options at The Canyons. I even saw a State Liquor Store not far away. The pool isn't huge and is full of families with kids. If you're single and looking to hook up or find a scene, this didn't look like the place.
Overall great spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views. This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelClick, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Village Park City, Utah