Location is the key to this lodge in my opinion. Walk out the door about 200 feet and your at the gondola that takes you up on the mountain. The lodge is very nice, well kept, incredibly friendly staff. We arrived a bit early, so our room wasn't ready. No problem, they happily stored our luggage while we grabbed a bite next door a sports bar, Drafts (see my review).
Came back, got the room and checked in. Was traveling with my wife and 23 year old son and had booked a 1 BR. It was nice, full kitchen, stainless appliances and all the necessary kitchen necessities.
We realized that the 1 BR, 1 BA was not going to work, so I went to the front desk to inquire about upgrading to a 2 BR, 2 BA. Ryan at the front desk was extremely accommodating. He said the didn't have anything right away but could move the next day. I went down then, he let me have keys to the two types of 2 BR suites, and we moved. It was much nicer, with 2 private baths, a bigger sitting area and 2 fireplaces with a large balcony overlooking the resort. Quite nice accommodations. This was extraordinary customer service. Thanks, Ryan!
The property was upgraded recently per the front desk and it showed. Very clean, staff all very friendly. Ski rental, small market, several food choices in the resort which was nice. But like all resort food kind of pricey, so best to head towards downtown Park City for a more reasonably meal.
Only small complaint which I have with most hotels: the pillows are too darn soft; both myself and son woke up with cricks in our necks. Might figure out a way to offer firmer pillow options.
Overall, would heartily recommend this property. Oh, and I hear the snow in Utah is pretty good too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views. This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Village Park City, Utah