The Sundial is definitely beautifully located, right next to the lift and anything else you might need. The rooms are ordinary, amenities basic. My room did not have a robe, which other rooms had, but it did have a fridge, microwave, coffee machine and toaster, which was really handy. The view of the mountain was the best.
Downside is the lack of service. The maids showed up late, if at all. One day I asked to have them skip cleaning and just bring towels. The gal said she would be right back, and that was the end of that. Never got my towels.
The halls are frequently filled with plastic bags full of sheets and towels, which just sit there until morning.
Elevators were the slowest ever. There are only two and the staff has to use them with the big carts, which slows things down even further.
Front desk was adequate. One fellow, whose name I am sorry I did not get, did make it his business to get my bags from storage as the LONE bellman was busy. Otherwise, it was mediocre. I never felt as if I were a valued guest. And, I'm easy.
I rented my ski gear from Aloha, and am always thrilled with their service and attitude.
Location makes up for all of this, but I do wish training were better for the staff at Sundial and the rest of The Canyons. It would not only be of service to the client, but also to the staff who would only grow if properly trained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views. This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Village Park City, Utah