First time in Canyons, and first time in Sundial condos. Pretty darn satisfied! We would go back, that is for sure. Most of the rooms in Canyons resort are a short walk to the gondola or bubble lift, however, Sundial is the absolute closest. It is also the closest to the rental shop and lockers, and also to other retail and restaurants. We always stay in hotels or condos which offer ski in and ski out location. For location, this is one of the best we have visited, in Utah and many Colorado resorts. The room was also very nice, very LARGE, clean, modern, and with a great view as well as daily maid service. No complaints about the room or front desk service.
HOWEVER, be WARNED, about the ski rental shop!! If you are renting skis, boots poles, you will be disappointed unless you are a beginner skier, or have feet made of steel! The rental boots are the WORST we have ever used, and we have been renting boots at resorts for ten years. I realize that rentals will never fit or be as comfy as boots you own, however, the boots at Canyons are absolutely TERRIBLE! We paid for the upgraded "high performance" ski package, but the boots are the same as the regular "sport package". The employees in the boot fitting area know this and have no way to make it any better. When we complained of discomfort, their answer was the same to us as it was to others, the boots are "packed" which I take it to mean that all the padding inside the boots is packed down from overuse and/or poor quality, and they can do nothing about it because all their boots are the same. I recommend renting your gear from a ski rental shop in Park City. The Canyons rentals are much more expensive, and the only reason we paid the extra cost was for convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views. This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Village Park City, Utah