I booked the Sundial lodge for a conference at the Grand Summit. These 2 hotels are very close together and very conveniently located by the canyons gondola ski lift. As a result no rental car is really needed. My one bedroom room had a full kitchen with all necessary supplies(ie soap, paper towels, dishes and pots and pan) available. Only limitation would be access to a grocery store. This would require a trip into town. There is a gondola to the base of the mountain where you can take a free bus into town but the gondola runs only til 7pm and you are limited by the bus route times, making a quick trip to a store not so quick. There is a small convenience store in the Summit if you just need a couple things. We liked Murdocks for breakfast which was right next door to Sundial and Drafts had good apps, pizza, and beers. We found dinner to be very expensive at the restaurants around these hotels and the menus were a bit limited. The store had PB&J and snacks which helped since I had my kids with me. There is no store or eateries in the Sundial itself so getting food always required a trip outside. And the one bedroom we had only had the one bed so my kids had to sleep on the sofa pull out. I was told the entire hotel consists of only one bed rooms. The staff was able to provide a pull out for us but these are not the most comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views. This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Village Park City, Utah