We spent 6 nights at the Sundial Lodge at Canyons. We stayed in a three bedroom on the 4th floor. The condo was well maintained and very comfortable. The pool and hot tubs were fun for post skiing relaxation. There are even gas grills by the pool where you can cook your own food. While there are many positive aspects about the Sundial, the best is its location and convenience for skiing and ski school. You can easily walk out of the Sundial and onto the gondola in 1 minute. When you are done skiing you can check your skis into a room next to the lobby.
In terms of service, the bellman are very helpful. We were there during Sundance, so getting around on the shuttle service was not as easy. They were very helpful in solving that for us.
Other than the pool and hot tub, the Sundial does not have other amenities (game room, indoor pool, etc) like the Westgate, but my kids did not seem to care.
As an FYI, there is a small market next to the Sundial that has all the essentials. It is not too pricey, otherwise you need to go to town, which is a shuttle ride away.
Overall, I would recommend the Sundial for skiing families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views. This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Village Park City, Utah