We stayed at Sundial Lodge at the Canyons for 5 nights in January because we were attending Sundance Film Festival. We had stayed there previously and really like the location. This time was not as nice as the last. We were given a ground floor room even though we really didn't want one. The front desk clerk was rude when we asked to change and said it just wasn't going to happen. When we returned from being out the first day all the windows and doors were unlocked.
When my husband went skiing one morning while I went ahead to Sundance, he then tried to get a taxi to go meet me in Park City and was told "That's really hard to do: this is Sundance". (they wouldn't call a taxi). When I asked at the desk about tea bags instead of just coffee in the room I was told "this isn't a hotel". When we checked out, I left a $400. sweater hanging on the back of the bathroom door by mistake. I called later that day and was told "the housekeeper did not find anything". I persisted for 2 weeks in trying to get it back, and the security staff tried very hard to help, but basically it was stolen.
We will not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views. This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Village Park City, Utah