I stayed at The Sundial for a conference in late October 2011 (before ski season). I was there for four nights, and would have liked to have stayed longer.
The room itself was spacious, with a kitchen area that would have allowed me to prepare a full meal had I wanted. I had to be careful of the toaster setting, though, as I ended up charring a slice of bread and setting off the smoke detector one morning (this at a medium setting). The full-sized bed was comfortable, with very soft pillows - I slept very soundly. The bathroom was clean, and the water pressure in the shower as strong as I needed. The water did get hot, but I found letting the water run for a few minutes was necessary. I'm a taller guy (6'2"), and found the shower height adequate.
My room was on the second floor, so I had the option of walking out onto the ground level with a patio. This door was the thing I was most nervous about, as it took me a day to figure out how to lock it (after talking with the staff, I was told that it was a french lock - so turning the handle up activates the deadbolt, turning it down retracts it).
The complex as a whole was big, and still under construction - but I was able to get from this building across to the main building without difficulty for the daily conference events.
The grounds around the hotel were amazing, and I can imagine (although I've never been skiing) that it would be a great place to stay during the winter. As it was, I was able to hike up the mountain above the complex and enjoy some great views, and the drive in to historic Park City took only a few minutes. The location was a great mix between proximity to towns and cities and being "away from it all."
In all, I would recommend this location. If you have a conference at The Canyons, the Sundial is a great lower-cost alternative to staying in the Grand Summit. If you are looking for skiing, I could imagine this would be a good place to stay. It wasn't perfect, but nothing ever is - I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views. This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Village Park City, Utah