“Best luxury value in Park City”

Waldorf Astoria Park City
Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Had an amazing stay at this new luxury resort in Park City. The staff was almost too attentive - and more than willing to help. I only wish I had more time to stay and enjoy the amenities. The beds were among the most comfortable in the industry and the rooms had tall ceilings (shower height was impressive). The only downside to this resort is it's location. There is a chairlift across the small cul-de-sac to access The Canyons area but is otherwise somewhat removed from the main resort centers of both The Canyons and Park City. Regardless, this is one impressive resort and I look forward to going back for a leisure visit in the future.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed December 28, 2009

My other half and I took a road trip to Wyoming and Utah for my birthday, and my other half had received a great deal email from Hilton Honors regarding the Dakota Mountain Lodge. We looked over the website and saw all of the ammenities and we both agreed it would be a great experience, and we were not wrong!!!! We arrived and the bellmen handled unloading our car quickly and in a very friendly manner. We then checked in and then went up to our room. Jon had told the front desk in passing that it was my birthday, they wished me a happy birthday and I never thought of it again, after we arrived at the room, there was a knock at the door and room service delivered a tasty cheese tray with toast points and a birthday card from the staff! That was the beginning of a great two day stay! We unpacked and took the suite in. The suite included a full, professional kitchen, a huge living room with a couch, chair and 60" plasma tv above a gas fireplace. Off of the living room was a nice deck that overlooked the valley, all the way to Park City. Just off the living room is the large bedroom with it's own fireplace and another 60" plasma tv, and a large bathroom with a spa tub, shower and personal LCD tv. Just off the kitchen is another large bathroom with a shower. The suite also included a front loading washer and dryer. We utilized the space to it's fullest! We used the kitchen both mornings, the spa tub and luxurious showers, the deck in the evening, and the giant televisions which were tied into Internet Protocol television channels for a clear picture and sound. We also used the outdoor hot tubs and pool in the courtyard. Very relaxing and warm! The Spruce Restaurant which is onsite prepares delicious cuisine that we took advantage of twice. One for my birthday dinner, and one for a casual fast dinner. Both dinners were outstanding, and the staff was very professional and genuinely nice! They had a birthday card for me upon arrival and a delicious dessert after completing our meal. The chef makes these cheese appetizers before your dinner that are to die for. I could easily eat a plateful! :) The bath products are some of the best I have ever used. They were all eucalyptus based products and smelled so good and are top quality, good enough that I ordered full size bottles upon returning home. The staff was very attentive and took care of our every need and whim. Jon at the front desk is the best, he made sure our stay went without a hitch and we really appreciate it!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Telkbear
Reviewed December 24, 2009

Really enjoyed our three night stay at the Dakota. Just opened in July according to staff and it was fantastic for a couples retreat, "25 anniversary". From the moment we arrived the valet service was great, also used the shuttle and they where very helpful and educated us on the area. Gondola which leads to the Canyons is right outside the front doors. Work out center is fantastic with equipment I never even seen before. Worked out every morning before breakfast and several times a gentleman came by and explained various equipment. Loved the static stretch station for the quad muscle. Room had all the necessary amenities for a 25th anniversary, jacuzzi tub for two, fireplace, ipod docking staion, fridge and very comfortable bed. Second tv in bathroom was not viewable from the bathtub. Called maintenance about the heating system and they adjusted the thermostat to run however I wanted it. Tried the restaurant for breakfast for 3 days and loved every dish I had. This property and the staff really tried hard to make our stay great.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Best hotel we have stayed at in a long time!! Very close to The Canyons (a free gondola ride away.. about 10 mins). Superior service and beautiful rooms! The Spruce restaurant inside the hotel is top notch!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Very nice hotel right at the base of The Canyons. There is a lift across the street that takes you to The Canyons base camp area. The room was very nice, with top of the line appliances. The staff were friendly and helpful. I'd stay there again and recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Dakota Mountain Lodge for 3 nights for an early season ski trip and had an amazing time. Yes, the hotel is new and they are still figuring a few things out, but overall they delivered on their 5 star promise. Staff were all very friendly and eager to help out, especially the doormen and valets. Had a bit of a mix-up at check-in but was offered a room upgrade for the inconvenience -- really showed their desire to go above and beyond to make sure their customers are treated properly.

Yes, there is a $25 daily resort charge, but they are very upfront about it when booking, so it's not like they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Just factor it in to the room price and decide whether it's still affordable for you. I appreciated it, since it meant they didn't try to nickel and dime you for every little service (e.g. internet, valet, shuttle, etc.). And for $25, I thought it was a great value, considering their shuttle service is like having free transportation around the area, as long as you have the patience to wait 15-20 mins for a pick-up. We got 20+ inches of snow while we were there and relied on the shuttle a number of times to get us to main street, the outlets, etc. since we didn't feel comfortable driving in the snow.

So enough about the great service, let's talk about the amazing rooms and property. We had a one-bedroom suite that included a huge walk-in kitchen with Viking appliances. There were two bathrooms, one with a jetted tub -- each room had a fireplace and giant flat screen TV. The living area had a couch, leather chair, dining room table, and even a full washer and dryer. The bed was super comfortable -- always had a great night sleep and awoke feeling refreshed and ready to hit the slopes. Oh, and don't forget about the gorgeous snow covered mountain views out the windows.

I really can't say enough about the quality of the service and accommodations... certainly among the best experiences I've ever had at a hotel. Can't quite understand some of the negative reviews I've read about this place -- I assure you if you're a normal, well-adjusted person you will have a fantastic time at the Dakota Mountain Lodge and it will be an experience you won't soon forget. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Before you enter the Dakota, pause for a moment and look around you and you will be transported to the most modern day version of the Great Hotels. Surrounded by outdoor fireplaces, and gas lit street lamps, you will be greeted from the moment of arrival by valets, bellhops, footmen, all eager to ensure that every single aspect of your stay is perfect. Don't look for a check-in counter, staying a in great hotel is not a commercial transaction and is not treated by the Dakota as such. For the duration of your stay you will be an honored guest and not as a customer. The Dakota's rooms are tasteful and most spacious and comfortable, the concierge is outstanding, the spa is incredible, the location is perfect and view of the mountains outstanding. Whether you plan on skiing or just relaxing, you will thoroughly enjoy your time at the Dakota.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family