My wife and I visited the Dakota Mountain Lodge just prior to its grand opening on 29 July 2009. The restaurant and spa were just about to be opened. The young and enthusiastic staff were working very effectively as a team to prepare the hotel for the first main arrival of guests. These preparations were being overseen by a high-profile management team who welcomed our own suggestions for a few minor improvements. Staff were clearly keen to ensure that everything was absolutely perfect. Despite the busy atmosphere, we found all staff to be exceptionally welcoming, caring and helpful.
The hotel's interior is very tastefully decorated throughout and aesthetically pleasing. The lobby is immediately impressive. Our bedroom was particularly comfortable, with high-quality furnishings and bedding and careful attention to detail. The room was very well lit and the switch-controlled gas flame fire added a final touch of luxury. Having the morning sun on our balcony was particularly pleasant. Outside, the well-planted garden area was just being finalised. The pool and hot tub were excellent and surrounded by a spacious area containing luxurious couches, sunbeds and shaded tables. Everything was beautifully designed and well maintained.
The hotel is situated away from the noise and bustle of central Park City but is within easy travelling distance. There are many excellent hiking and biking trails close by, with ready access to chairlifts and gondolas. The hotel must be amazing in winter !
We have stayed in many hotels throughout Europe and the US. We would say that we found the quality of accommodation and service provided by the Dakota Mountain Lodge to be truly outstanding. We look forward to paying a return visit as soon as possible.
Visitors from Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Park City welcomes guests to the largest ski and golf resort in the United States, Park City Resort. Nestled among the pristine Wasatch Mountains, Park City, Utah, is a mere 35 minutes from the Salt Lake City International Airport. The hotel's guest rooms are appointed with custom furnishings, suites with top-of-the-line kitchens and spectacular views of the ski slopes and picturesque Wasatch Mountains. Integral to the guest experience at Waldorf Astoria Park City is its 16,000-square-foot spa and on-property restaurant, Powder. The property was recognized in 2015 by Travel & Leisure for “The World’s Best Hotels”, 2014 as the top hotel in Utah on Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List also by Condé Nast Traveler “#7 Resort in the West-2013”, and Readers' Choice Awards, “Top 40 Resorts in the West.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Park City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Park City Hotel Park City
- Waldorf Astoria Park City Utah