“Best Spring Break”

Waldorf Astoria Park City
Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The staff is over the top! Service is outstanding! Concierge team is priceless! Luxury at it's best! If you're looking for a turn key solution to family fun and ski during Spring Break ..... This is it!

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I travel with my housband and my two kids For their Spring Break.
Here is a list of their average service.
1. The first Day I arrived to the hotel We went out For dinner when we came back The kid's sofabed had not done, but It had happened twice after that Day.
2. Everytime we request room service (breakfast or dinner) they always forgot one or two things.
3. One Day the ski valet forgot my equipments in their storage, so I had to wait more time and my Kids almost lost their ski classes.
4. The housekeeping boss asked me one day if I want TO have service in my room All days... But what kind of question is it, if I'm paying almost $800 per night of course I want TO have it,
5. Other Day the housekeeping ladies let the garbage in the kitchen's sink, other day they forgot to let toilet paper in one of the bathrooms.
6. The Restaurant has the same menu for lunch and for dinner.
7. If you do ski or snowboard, You have TO walk out to the street to get the gondola.
8. The carpet from the hallways looked dirt.
9. Kids need a Space to play as a kid's playroom
There are some Good things:
1. Nice rooms (one bedroom suite with separated full kitchen two bathrooms)
2. Excellent spa and Valet service

1  Thank ACJI97
klh0320, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Park City, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Valet and Spa services we want to apologize that we fell short in our other areas of service. We appreciate your feedback so that we can better ourselves moving forward. Please contact me personally if I may be of any further assistance.

Very Best,
Kerry Hing

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in March 2014. The hotel is beautiful. Our room was a two bedroom suite, which was very nice. The outdoor heated pool, ski valet service, nightly s'mores, shuttle to Park City and hot tub were great. The service in the restaurant for breakfast was terrible and the restaurant wasn't even very crowded. The food took forever to come and didn't even all come out at the same time. We told them when we sat down that we were in a hurry because we had to get our kids to ski school. It took 45 minutes to bring out scrambled eggs and then another 15 minutes to bring a toasted bagel. We tried to eat breakfast there twice and both days the service was the same - extremely slow. The third day I called room service to ask how long that would take. They told me 30 minutes, so I decided to order because I thought it would save time. It took an hour for the food to arrive and that was after I called twice to let them know we had to leave for ski school. Thank goodness our room had a kitchen. I went to the grocery store and got our own food for breakfast and we ate in our room the rest of the days.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Just returned from two weeks at this property. Overall the hotel did many things very well. We did experience a few glitches but the manager, Kurtis, made sure everything was resolved quickly and to our satisfaction. This made all the difference between a good vacation and a great one. The pros to staying here are many. Great restaurant, beautiful suites, ideal location, and committed management. Despite being located at the Canyons we chose to ski everyday at Deer Valley which was simple to do. So if you are looking for a great vacation, any season and to ski anywhere in the area, the Waldorf is a hidden treasure that should not be missed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Facilities are nice (but not ultra nice). Most of the staff caters to luxury, some parts, such as the restaurant, are more average. Rooms are nice, but not awesome. A few tweaks, and this could be a 5 star property, but as-is is more like 4+ stars.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Okay, tried them both and Canyons has the best slopes and Waldorf is the best resort. Great rooms and the level of service you would come to expect from a Waldorf. VERY easy to get on the slopes and you can ski with 20 yards of the front entrance. Will stay here for every vacation in Park City moving forward!!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Everyone at the hotel here is amazing! The first person I talked to was a young man at the front desk named Keith. He was incredibly friendly and helpful, and has been so this entire trip so far. Surprisingly, this wasn't a unique experience. Everyone I came across went above and beyond the general "politeness" standards or requirements expected at hotels of the sort.
The rooms are beautiful, they have stunning scenery from every window, they have a marvelous pool, and fires for kids to make s'mores. The hotel itself is stunning, the staff are wonderful, and so I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.
(The price is high, but not relative to all of the services provided. The price matches what you get. If you're going to splurge on a vacation, this is the place to do it.) The only negative comment I have is that they take like 12 minutes to make coffee, which is absurd. The food is great though--just a little slower than I'd like.