“Winter Wonderland”

Lausanne, Switzerland
“Winter Wonderland”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Dear Reader,
It is hardly possible to indicate anything that was less than perfect during my stay at the the Waldorf Astoria.
The hotel, in all its aspects, is synonymous of elegance and comfort.
The standard room features a fully equipped kitchen, jacuzzi and a gracious living room with fireplace.
The ample heated external pool is not only the perfect complement of the winter activities.. it also provides a 'winter wonderland' feeling.
The staff is impeccably helpful and discreet and, last but not least, the French Chef allows you to indulge in fine cuisine.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

My family of four just returned from four extraordinary days at the Waldorf. We travel very often and I can say this hotel and staff are exceptional.
We reserved a two bedroom suite and it was beautiful and very clean. Great attention to detail.
But the friendly staff really set this experience apart. We were greeted at every turn as if returning home. Everyone was so helpful. The hotel car took us the grocery many times and waited for us to collect our dinners. The ski service couldn't have been better. They even helped my daughter gather items she needed for her homework several times during the week.
My girls literally cried when we had to leave, and they are teenagers.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2014
klh0320, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Park City, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us at Waldorf Astoria Park City. We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time and felt welcomed and taken care of throughout your stay. We aim to make every guest experience special and are so glad we could meet your expectations. We hope to see you again for another memorable stay!

Very Best,
Kerry Hing
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Staying at the Waldorf Astoria is the height of being pampered. The ski experience at the Canyons is great but what's really great is the Waldorf ski team helping you take off your boots at the end of the day and carrying your skis to the private gondola. The accommodations are excellent and all the staff superbly trained and welcoming.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

As soon as you pull up to the front door the ultimate Waldorf experience begins! Perfectly located at the base on Canyons Resort for prime Utah skiing! We were promptly greeted by the valets upon arrival and escorted to the check-in desk. My disappointment here was that when I reserved my room I had selected the upgrade from the King with fireplace to the one bedroom suite and the gentleman behind the desk had no idea as to what I was talking about so we ended up with the small and I do mean SMALL king with fireplace! The overall condition of the room was slightly disappointing and there were chips on the walls and the mirror finished drawers were covered in smudges.....not typical of the level of cleanliness one would expect at a Waldorf. Also I found it odd that in the bathroom there were no towel racks anywhere to be found....they have scales?? (who wants to weight themselves on vacation) But no where to hang your towels. I give the hotel an excellent rating anyway due to the high level of service given by all employees encountered during our stay and also because of the magnificent views and proximity to getting to the slopes via the Waldorf gondola. I can't say enough about how accommodating they are....Valets, Concierge, Service staff, they even sent someone to my room to have me fitted for my skis and boots!!

Room Tip: King rooms are very small! Request a suite for the minimal difference in price you will be glad tha...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I just returned from a fantastic stay at Waldorf Park City, made all the more special by the attentiveness of the staff, especially Christie the concierge. Christie entirely surpassed my expectations, she is sincerely kind and genuinely excited to go to whatever lengths necessary to ensure the guest is having the best stay possible. She came to the hotel on her off day to drop off lift passes for me and made sure my ski rental was seamless. Her enthusiasm for the property as well as for Park City shines through and her recommendations were on point. I also need to compliment Laura and Jill at the concierge desk - they were exceedingly welcoming and helpful!

The spa is the best feature of this property - everything from the hot tub to the massages to the bath products and soft robes is top notch. I highly recommend the Repose Room (I think that's what they called it) with heated tile loungers. The Spa Hosts, Megan and Crystal, both were more than happy to give tours of the spa and made me feel comfortable. I had a massage with Jana, who was really amazing. Everything was exactly what I needed after a long day of skiing!

Everyone in the Ski Lounge, where I rented my skis from, was also fantastic. Enthusiastic to help, remembered me every day, and made it SO unbelievably easy for me to get my skis onto the slopes - no need to lug around skis.

The door staff was also super accomodating, and Philip, the shuttle driver, was accessible when we needed to run to the pharmacy or bring us a bit further up Main Street to our destination.

All in all, I would highly recommend! And if you're doing room service, the seafood mac and cheese is somewhat life changing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
klh0320, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Park City, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for all of your positive comments in regards to your stay with us at Waldorf Astoria Park City! We always love to hear that our guests were provided with the best service possible. We aim to make every experience exceptional and we are glad that you felt we exceeded your expectations. We hope to welcome you back again soon for another memorable trip.

Very Best,
Kerry Hing
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Resort was fairly clean. Great front entrance and lobby with fireplace. Great staff who were friendly and helpful always. Easy access to the Waldorf gondola to the Canyons ski resort but hotel does not sell lift tickets. This could have saved a half hour of time in the ticket lines at the ski hill. Well organized in the ski room with helpful staff.

Had breakfast in Powder, the only restaurant on site and it was quite good and reasonably priced.

Rooms were average. Bed and pillows decent. Fireplace nice.

Resort is a bit of a drive to Park City. Close to Tanger outlets however. Bit of a distance from any Starbucks.

Nice resort but would be willing to spend more and stay at Montage or St Regis which are closer to town and more upscale.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Goach46
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

After a rough start to the trip, the manager, Kurtis, was very understanding and helpful to our concerns. He exceeded our expectations and was very professional and courteous. He handled our problems and came through to ensure our satisfaction and stay. Great customer service... thank you Kurtis.

• Stayed February 2014